Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- Pity is weak. Pity is failure. What is pity... compared WITH RAGE?
- -- Atrocitus src
Atros was a native of Ryut in Sector 666, where he led a happy and otherwise ordinary life. When the Manhunters were reprogrammed by Krona, in order to prove that an emotionless police force was prone to manipulation and failure, they attacked all organic life forms of Sector 666, namely Ryut. When the attacks begin, Ryut is discussing oddities concerning the Manhunters with his wife, Ferta; their home comes under fire from Manhunters, and Ferta receives fatal injuries. Ferta tells Atros to find their children, and dies. Atros' daughter, Trakka, kneels by her mother's corpse and asks Atros why he won't wake up. He tries to grab her and run, but the Manhunters descend and vaporize Trakka, killing her and burying Atros under the rubble of their home.
Blood and Rage
Death of the Red Lanterns
The Second Prophecy
Rise of the Third Army
Wrath of the First Lantern
- Atrocitus was created by Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver, first appearing in Green Lantern (Volume 4) #25. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Atrocitus first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Red Lanterns #17 by Peter Milligan and Ed Benes.
- Atros (Prime Earth) appears as Atrocitus (Prime) a playable character in the Infinite Crisis video game.
- Atros is also known as the Atrocity Butcher.
- 69 Appearances of Atros (Prime Earth)
- 29 Images featuring Atros (Prime Earth)
- 18 Quotations by or about Atros (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Atros (Prime Earth)
|Red Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Red Lantern Corps - a group of individuals whose capacity for rage is boundless, and who were equipped with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Red Lantern Corps members category."
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."