Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The woman that is not-so-affectionately referred to as Aunt Minerva has not had much of her background revealed thus far. Even her last name remains enigmatic at this writing.
She apparently entered the world of crime late in life, following the death of her beloved husband (whose name has never been made public). She soon proved herself to be a formidable woman indeed, despite her clearly advanced age; she is tough enough to take down the burliest thug single-handed, and is also a crack shot with any handgun. In addition, she has proven herself to be a cunning criminal strategist and to be completely ruthless…easily capable of ordering, or committing, murder when the situation calls for it. But despite these traits, she has a tender side as well; she is clearly a romantic at heart who craves nothing more than a man of her own to love…and she will stop at nothing to get one. Indeed, many of her crime sprees to date have been marked by her insatiable quest to bag a man.
She first came to the attention of the heroes of Fawcett City when she was being threatened by two members of a rival gang. The altercation was overheard by the magically-empowered Capt. Marvel and his non-metahuman ally, Uncle Marvel, and the two men stepped in to send the mobsters packing. Minerva became instantly smitten with Uncle Marvel, and began scheming to make him her next husband, even as she also plotted to take over all gangland activity in Fawcett City. Ultimately, both of these aims were thwarted by Capt. Marvel, and Minerva was sent to prison. It was at this time that she acquired her nickname of "Aunt" Minerva.
Since that time, Minerva has reappeared several times and at each turn has been defeated by Capt. Marvel. On one of these occasions, she worked alongside Doctor Sivana and IBAC, trying to marry the latter villain without success.
- Aunt Minerva was created by writer William Woolfolk for Fawcett Publications. In 1953, National Periodical Publications (aka DC Comics) settled a long-running lawsuit against Fawcett citing that the character of Captain Marvel bore too much of a resemblance to their own character, Superman. After settling the case (by agreeing to no longer publish Captain Marvel), Fawcett discontinued publication of their entire comic book line and Aunt Minerva lapsed into obscurity. In 1972, DC Comics licensed many of the Fawcett characters, including Aunt Minerva, and established that they existed on the fictional parallel world known as Earth-S. The Fawcett characters made several appearances throughout various Silver Age DC titles including Shazam, World's Finest Comics and Justice League of America. In 1991, DC bought the Fawcett characters (including Aunt Minerva) outright.
- 6 Appearances of Aunt Minerva (Earth-S)
- 1 Images featuring Aunt Minerva (Earth-S)
- 1 Quotations by or about Aunt Minerva (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: Aunt Minerva (Earth-S)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Captain Marvel, the Wizard Shazam, or any of the extended members of the Marvel Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Marvel Family Villains."