Back in 40,000 B.C., the New Gods visited Earth and experimented upon a Neanderthal, endowing him with abilities far beyond normal humans and providing him with technology beyond the capabilities of his fellow Neanderthals, all in order so that he could lead his people and defend the Earth for centuries. And so Aurakles became the world's first superhero, battling against the 666 Monsters of Chaos.
Centuries later, Aurakles' people developed a time engine allowing them to go into the far future. There, they encountered the horrible Melmoth, king of a scavenging race called the Sheeda. Melmoth managed to reproduce the time engine's design and sent an army of the Sheeeda into the past, where they destroyed the Neanderthal civilization and imprisoned Aurakles.
Aurakles spent millennia in captivity, in a cave under the future location of New York, his mind broken and warped by the cruelties of the Sheeda. However, his bloodline survived, eventually producing, in our own time, a seemingly ordinary woman named Alix Harrower who would eventually be covered in an indestructible metal coating, thus becoming the superheroine Bulleteer.
Eventually, Aurakles was traded to Boss Dark Side by the Sheeda, in exchange for the right to harrow the North American continent. He planned to kill Aurakles in his Dark Side Club, but Shilo Norman, who had just escaped Boss Dark Side's death-trap himself, offered his freedom in exchange for Aurakles'.
- Unique Physiology
At one time, Aurakles possessed:
- Fatherbox: Granted Aurakles access to all the accumulated wisdom of the New Gods.
- Merlin Sprite: A being made out of "living language".
- Cauldron of Unwhen: Heals any wounds to anyone who bathes in it, up to and including resurrecting them.
- Hammer of Aurakles: Capable of smashing individual atoms.
- Aurakles has been declared to be the Original Super-Hero.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- Aurakles (Orr-Eh-Klees) is not to be confused with the Aurakles (Or-Ak-Ells) an ancient race of aliens first seen in Batman and the Outsiders #22.
- 7 Appearances of Aurakles (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Aurakles (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Aurakles (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Aurakles (New Earth)
|Prehistoric Character(s) |
This character is or was from the Prehistoric Era, thousands of years in the past, including but not limited to the time of Dinosaurs and the dawning of the species of man. These stories occur traditionally before history was formally recorded, and civilization developed completely.