Auron was a clone of the clone of Jim Harper created by Project Cadmus to contain the code for Superman's DNA after his death. Auron rebelled and left the Project, swearing to protect the Man of Steel's legacy from the meddlesome scientists. He left Earth to achieve this end.
After Superman returned to life, he encountered Auron while stranded in deep space. Auron had just been beaten by Massacre, who had attacked and killed a passing starship. Auron initially did not believe Superman was who he claimed to be, but was quickly convinced. He agreed to go along with Superman to bring Massacre to justice. During the battle, Auron was shot and killed by Massacre, who then left the battle.
Auron died thinking he had failed Superman, and his remains stayed on a drifting asteroid. His data pack, which contained the information regarding Superman's DNA, was recovered by the Skimmer, a scavenger who followed Massacre, and subsequently used to pay a bar tab. When this was done, the info on Superman's DNA was lost.
- Unique Physiology: As a clone of Jim Harper, his body was enhanced to the peak of physical prowess.
- Cybernetic Enhancement: An indestructible alloy was integrated with his skin to provide him with additional protection.
- Jet-pak Computer
- 4 Appearances of Auron (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Auron (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Auron (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Auron (New Earth)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."