Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Avery Twombey, a.k.a Cypher, was a musical engineer. He targeted the CEOs of the companies involved in a new technology project in order to sabotage the project. Cypher used his hypnotic voice commands via musical sounds and hypnotized the people, forcing them to commit suicide. The last CEO was Lucius Fox, who was saved by the timely arrival of Batman, Robin and Azrael. Cypher was sent to Blackgate Penitentiary.
Eventually, Cypher partnered with Cluemaster, the Electrocutioner and the Baffler in an attempt to escape the prison. During the escape, Cypher attempted to betray the other prisoners in order to increase his own chances of escape. However, Cluemaster anticipated such a betrayal, which is why he wore earplugs in order to evade Cypher's hypnosis. Cluemaster shot and killed Cypher in retaliation.
- Hypnosis: Cypher has the ability to send subliminal hypnotizing commands with his voice mixed with musical sounds.
- Mechanical Aptitude: Cypher can create radio devices and tamper with the regular settings of common radios.
- 4 Appearances of Avery Twombey (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Avery Twombey (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Avery Twombey (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Avery Twombey (New Earth)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."