Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
- --avoid any contact, any dealings with extraterrestrials or they shall answer to the Shadow Thief!
- -- Shadow Thief src
History of character has not yet been written.
- Colarvian Infiltration Suit: In an effort to protect herself, Aviva put on a shadow suit which attached itself to her skin. Since then she has been unable to remove the skin without extreme pain.
- Metamorphosis: Shadow Thief can transform her limbs into weapons or create tentacles from out of her back.
- Intangibility: Shadow Thief's skin is like a living shadow. She cannot be harmed and doesn't feel physical pain. However, this intangibility does not appear to extend to Red Lantern blood plasma, though it does include the light expended by their rings.
- Teleportation: Shadow Thief can teleport through the "shadow realm" which she can access at any time through any regular shadow and appear through any other shadow in seconds.
- Interrogation: Aviva is a trained spy, she mentions that although her contemporaries use interrogation as an art form she prefers to use it as a last resort.
- Stealth: As a trained spy, Aviva has had years of experience in getting by unnoticed when she wishes it.
- Shadow Thief was created by Gardner Fox and Joe Kubert, first appearing in Brave and the Bold #36. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Shadow Thief first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Savage Hawkman #17 by Tom DeFalco and Joe Bennett.
- 15 Appearances of Aviva Metula (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Aviva Metula (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Aviva Metula (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Aviva Metula (Prime Earth)
|Hawkman and Hawkgirl Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Hawkman, or his associates Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Hawkman Villains category."
Secret Society of Super-Villains member
|Red Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Red Lantern Corps - a group of individuals whose capacity for rage is boundless, and who were equipped with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Red Lantern Corps members category."