Azmodus was an evil entity and one of the more notorious foes of the Spectre. He was the combined essences of Caraka, first host to the Spectre, and a demon known as Sekuba. In the mid-late 1940s, Azmodus was bound to a human host, in much the same way that the Spectre, Aztar, was bound to the corporeal body of Jim Corrigan. He remained trapped inside a mortal shell for more than twenty years because reality could not abide having two entities as powerful as Azmodus and the Spectre to remain on Earth untethered. When Azmodus' host body died, his essence was consigned to the astral plane reality of Tholagga.
While investigating a case, Jim Corrigan participated in a séance that inadvertently released both the Spectre and Azmodus from the astral realm. As the Spectre rejoined Corrigan, so too did Azmodus find a new human host - Paul Evers. Azmodus and the Spectre fought against one another on the astral plane, while Corrigan physically fought against Paul Nevers. Corrigan defeated Nevers, and by extension, this enabled the Spectre to defeat Azmodus. His essence was stripped away from Nevers and left to languish in limbo. 
- Immortality: Like most demonic figures, Azmodus is presumably immortal.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- Azmodus is not to be confused with either Asmodeus or Asmodel.
- 18 Appearances of Azmodus (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Azmodus (New Earth)
- 4 Quotations by or about Azmodus (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Azmodus (New Earth)
- Azmodus at dccomics.com
- Azmodus at Wikipedia.org
- Azmodus at DCU Guide
- Azmodus at Comic Vine
- Azmodus at Comicbookdb.com