- Don't bother me! I'm busy being upset!
- -- Joker
Appearing in "Evacuation"
- Harley Quinn
- Ozzie (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Evacuation"
Joker was thinking that Batman and the GCPD might be working on some plan againts him and so he recruited a thug that was willing to dress up as him and wander the streets in order to learn about any unusual activity.
Azrael and Batgirl arrived at Joker's territory and began telling the people to move away to Blue Boys territory. They evacuated a place filled with children but they didn't noticed that a little girl was left behind. Azrael and Batgirl moved to a collapsed building to tell the people inside to move out but they realized that the people were Joker's henchmen. Out of the shadows came Joker and they attacked Batgirl and Azrael. The two of them knocked them all out and Batgirl attacked Joker and knocked him down. Azrael was surprised but then they realized that the man wasn't the real Joker. They moved out and continue to evacuate the zone.
Azrael and Batgirl thought they were finished but they learned that there was still someone in the danger zone. That moment, Joker found the little girl that was left behind and told her that he would use her as a hostage. Azrael and Batgirl found Joker and his group but this time they thought that it was another man posing as the real Joker. Without any fear, Azrael rescued the girl and advised the clown to take off the makeup and the wig. Joker was completely shocked for Azrael's reactions and he forgot to tell his troops to attack the duo.
When they were far form the danger zone, Azrael talked to Batgirl and was thankful that they never encountered with the real Joker. Azrael looked at the little girl and told her that she was safe now.
- The events of this issue take place after Batman: Shadow of the Bat #93. No Man's Land continues in Batman #573.
- Despite the established reading order, the next issue, Batman: No Man's Land #0 is not the next part of the storyline but instead a prequel to the No Man's Land crossover.
- There is a reference to Paul Revere.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Azrael: Agent of the Bat Vol 1 60 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Azrael: Agent of the Bat series
Links and References
- Azrael (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Azrael at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- The Religion of Azrael at Adherents
- Azrael at Geocities
- Azrael at thebatman.bravepages.com
- Azrael at Batman: Yesterday, Today and Beyond
- Azrael at Brave and the Bold
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.