|Base Of Operations||Eustania|
|Creators||J.M. DeMatteis, Shawn McManus|
Azzarene was a thief-turned-vampire in the 1st Century. He only drank human blood once, from Jesus Christ on the crucifix. This made him a loyal disciple to the Christian faith, and he was given the responsibility of protecting the Holy Grail. Eventually he gives the Grail to Andrew Bennett at behest of the Lords of Order.
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- 2 Appearances of Azzarene (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Azzarene (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Azzarene (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Azzarene (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: