The woman known as Bad Penny worked for a copper-working factory in Star City. When Star City began to rely on optical fibre rather than traditional copper cable for the city's World's Fair, the factory went out of business after failing to bid for a key contract and Bad Penny was among those were laid off. Furious at the loss of her job, Bad Penny acquired a pair of gloves with circuitry in them that enables her to give strong electrical shocks to anyone she touches, which she used those gloves to commit more daring criminal acts.
She first came to public attention while working in partnership with two other costumed villains, Printer's Devil and Pinball Wizard, to raid and rob the Star City World’s Fair in which they blamed it for putting them out of business. Their efforts to do so were ultimately foiled by Green Arrow; Bad Penny was subsequently arrested and sent to prison.
- This version of Bad Penny (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Bad Penny (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Bad Penny (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Bad Penny (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Bad Penny (Earth-One)
|Green Arrow Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Green Arrow, or his supporting cast including Black Canary and Team Arrow. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Arrow Villains."