Thus far, very little has been publicly revealed regarding the Bad Samaritan, including any details of how he got into the espionage and terrorism games. This is in large part due to the fact that he has friends in high places throughout the world, who have helped him to keep his background secret and who have helped him also to evade capture by those governments he is not friendly with. It is presumed, however, that he began his career by taking a post within the U.S. Government and being very idealistic and diligent…only to become extremely disillusioned, bitter and cynical when the people in power that he respected proved to have feet of clay.
From all appearances, the Samaritan is a behind the scenes power player, who brokers information to those who pay him well and who is willing to commit terrorist acts that can bring countries to the brink of war for the right price. His espionage skills are second to none, and include weapons and hand-to-hand combat training, as well as being a master of disguise. However, he does have one potentially fatal flaw: his eyes are extremely sensitive to bright light, forcing him to always wear smoked contact lenses or his trademark dark glasses. At least, this is what he claims; it is possible that this is merely a ruse to disguise the fact that he prefers to operate in darkness so as to keep his facial features from being easily identified.
The Samaritan's activities have, on at least three occasions, brought him into conflict with the members of the super-hero team called the Outsiders. In each of those encounters, he has managed to escape being captured and turned over to U.S. legal authorities. He remains at large as of this writing, and his present whereabouts and activities are not known.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- The Bad Samaritan suffers from hypersensitivity to bright light and protects his eyes by wearing reflective glasses or contact lenses at all times.
- His real name is revealed as "Zviad Baazovi" in the Checkmate series.
- 18 Appearances of Zviad Baazovi (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Zviad Baazovi (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Zviad Baazovi (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Zviad Baazovi (New Earth)
|Checkmate Member |
This character was a member of the top secret government organization Checkmate. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Checkmate members" and "Government Agents" categories.
|Outsiders Villain(s) |