- Bane knows from growing up in prison that the toughest doesn't always win. Neither does the smartest. But if the toughest is also the smartest... he's unbeatable.
History of character is unknown.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Bane was an Olympic-level athlete with immense strength even without the aid of Venom. When the Venom was injected into his brain (from a dispenser usually mounted on his arm, and fed through tubes connected to his mask), he achieved superhuman strength and endurance (although not enough to defeat Superman).
However, the Venom could be dangerous when used in excess. During their first encounter, Batman defeated Bane by triggering an overdose of the drug into Bane's head, stopping the flow before Bane literally burst.
Chemically induced super-strength, highly intelligent, with a talent for planning and careful study of his target.
- Bane was voiced in Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, and The New Batman Adventures by Henry Silva. Notably, Silva used a thick Latin American accent for his first appearance, but lessened the accent in subsequent appearances.
- In the direct-to-video release Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman, and the video game Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu, he was voiced by Hector Elizondo.
- This Bane is one the few versions of the character that doesn't know Batman's secret identity. Others include the near mindless Schumacher version and both later animated versions.
- 17 Appearances of Bane (DCAU)
- 4 Images featuring Bane (DCAU)
- 3 Quotations by or about Bane (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Bane (DCAU)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."