Barbara Gordon was the daughter of James Gordon and Barbara Eileen Gordon, and on one fateful night upon returning from a movie making a shortcut through an alley, they were met by the mugger Joe Chill, who intended to kill the young Bruce Wayne, but in the confusion her parents were killed before her. Taking pity on the now orphaned Barbara, she was taken in by the Wayne Family, close friends of the Gordons who saw to it that she was given the best.
Barbara now wears the cape and cowl of Batgirl and rules Gotham with tyrannical furor, using both might and technology, having created the Oracle Supercomputer to aid her. Her secret identity and vigilantee antics are known to her millionnaire benefactor and confidant Bruce Wayne.
When the Joker kidnaps Lex Luthor, Batgirl reluctantly accepts Supergirl's help to find them both. As solving the case, Batgirl manages to expose some of the crimes of Luthor and unexpectedly makes friends with the Girl of Steel.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the comic book stories considered to be set on Justice. It is an adaptation of Barbara Gordon/Batgirl. The original character was created by Gardner Fox and Carmine Infantino and first appeared in Detective Comics #359.
- 4 Appearances of Barbara Gordon (Earth-1098)
- 5 Images featuring Barbara Gordon (Earth-1098)
- 2 Quotations by or about Barbara Gordon (Earth-1098)
- Character Gallery: Barbara Gordon (Earth-1098)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
Superman Family member
|Elseworlds Character |
This character exists within an Elseworlds continuity, and as such is not a part of the mainstream DC Universe; they may also exist within the 52 Multiverse. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Elseworlds Characters."