Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
Barbara Gordon is the daughter of James and Barbara Eileen Gordon and the older sister of James Gordon, Jr. Barbara Eileen Gordon left her family when her daughter was a young teen. A few years later, the Batman debuted. This inspired young Barbara to become Batgirl. Soon, she began working with Batman and his teen partner Robin. After about a year as Batgirl, Barbara was shot in the spine by the Joker. She recovered after being crippled for three years and returned to her position as Batgirl.
The Darkest Reflection
Her first real challenge back in the suit was a serial-killer named the Mirror who targeted those who escaped death through miracles. She met a brain-damaged psychic named Gretel who reminded her of the person she could easily have become.
Birds of Prey
Batgirl initially refused to join when her old friend Black Canary put together a black-ops team called the Birds of Prey. However, she assisted them on a mission when they went after the super-villain Choke. Their first encounter with him was erased from all the Birds' minds, and Batgirl does not even remember the team-up. Despite this, she helped them take down Choke's sleeper agents known as the Cleaners. They tracked down their leader, a psychic named Trevor Cahill, and Batgirl was finally able to reconnect with Canary as close friends.
- Martial Arts
- Eidetic Memory
- Genius Level Intellect
- Restricted Mobility (formerly): Barbara was paralyzed for three years after being shot by the Joker. However, she managed to overcome her paralysis and return to fighting crime.
- Barbara Gordon was created by Gardner Fox, Carmine Infantino, and Julius Schwartz, first appearing in Detective Comics #359. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Barbara Gordon first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batgirl (Volume 4) #1 by Gail Simone and Ardian Syaf.
- 229 Appearances of Barbara Gordon (Prime Earth)
- 167 Images featuring Barbara Gordon (Prime Earth)
- 41 Quotations by or about Barbara Gordon (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Barbara Gordon (Prime Earth)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
Birds of Prey member