Baron Blitzkrieg was a frequent opponent of the heroic All-Star Squadron, a band of costumed adventurers who fought domestic and foreign menances during World War II. Baron Blitzkrieg was originally an especially vicious German army officer who was blinded when a concentration camp prisoner threw acid into his face. (Steel was a prisoner in the camp at the time.) German scientists experimented on Blitzkrieg, giving him superhuman strength and the ability to fly.
Baron Blitzkrieg joined Alexander Luthor's Secret Society of Super-Villains. The Philadelphia heroine known as Liberty Belle, who got her powers from the Liberty Bell, attempted to jump start her abilities by ringing the bell. However, due to the recent supposed death of Uncle Sam, her powers were unfocused, and Blitzkrieg was thought to have been killed by the sonic shockwaves. However, he reappeared shortly thereafter, only to be killed by Superboy-Prime who fried the Baron's head with his heat vision.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Weight based on armored form.
- 36 Appearances of Baron Blitzkrieg (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Baron Blitzkrieg (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Baron Blitzkrieg (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Baron Blitzkrieg (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.