Baron Frankenstein was a scientist from central Europe. He lived in a castle with his giant servant, Ivan. During one of his experiments, Ivan was knocked unconscious and had to be revived with adrenaline. The chemical caused Ivan to become mindless and Frankensteins's cousin, Count Mettern, tried to use Ivan to kill the Baron. After Ivan failed to kill him, Frankenstein learned that it was his cousin who tried to murder him by manipulating Ivan. When Ivan recovered his mind, he dragged Mettern into the Baron's laboratory and created an explosion that destroyed Frankenstein's castle, killing Ivan and Mettern.
- On Earth-Two, Baron Frankenstein is the real person who was the inspiration for Victor Frankenstein in Mary Shelly's novel Frankenstein. However, Frankenstein is highly fictionalized -- for example, Baron Frankenstein is not a mad scientist who wants to create life, he's just a normal scientist experimenting with electricity. So it wouldn't be correct to say Baron Frankenstein is the character from the novel.
- This version of Baron Frankenstein, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- This character is an adaptation of Victor Frankenstein, a character from the novel Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley published in 1818. More information can be found in the Wikipedia.org article Frankenstein.
- 1 Appearances of Baron Frankenstein (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Baron Frankenstein (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Baron Frankenstein (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Baron Frankenstein (Earth-Two)