The man known as Baron Tyrano was a brilliant-minded a multi-millionaire. However, due to an ailing condition he was restricted to wearing an iron lung. He became an enemy of the Green Lantern as he desired to transfer his mind into the hero's body. However, his scheme was foiled and subsequently arrested by the authorities.
Some years after his defeat, Baron Tyrano escaped police custody. Tyrano became mentally unhinged in which he developed an unhealthy obsession with watching television, and murdered and replaced his human assistants with androids modeled after famous TV stars. When learned of Green Lantern's return along with six other members of the Green Lantern Corps, Tyrano resumed his vendetta against Green Lantern by creating seven energy replicas of himself to attack the Green Lanterns. Although the replicas were nearly unbeatable, the Green Lanterns eventually destroyed the replicas by simultaneously attacking them, and causing the real Tyrano to lapse into a coma.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 4 Appearances of Baron Tyrano (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Baron Tyrano (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Baron Tyrano (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Baron Tyrano (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."