The Barracuda was one of four comic book fans recruited at a convention by the mysterious Americommando and given the opportunity to become a superhero. Unfortunately, the Crusaders were unaware that Americommando was actually the Silver Ghost, and was using them as part of a plot to destroy the Freedom Fighters. When 'Americommando' physically assualted the Freedom Fighters' associate Martha Roberts, Barracuda turned on him, unwilling to tolerate brutality against women, but was quickly defeated. Like the other Crusaders, his artificially acquired powers seemingly faded soon afterward.
- Like the other Crusaders, Barracuda was patterned after a member of Marvel Comics' super team, The Invaders in this case, Namor the Sub-Mariner.
- This version of Barracuda (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Barracuda (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Barracuda (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Barracuda (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Barracuda (Earth-One)