- My name is Barry Allen. And I am the fastest man alive. To the outside world, I'm an ordinary forensic scientist. But secretly, with the help of my friends at S.T.A.R. Labs, I fight crime and find other metahumans like me. After defeating Zoom and saving the multiverse, I ran back in time and created the alternate timeline "Flashpoint". I restored the timeline to how it was, only things weren't as I left them. I brought new threats to our world, and I'm the only one fast enough to stop them. I am the Flash.
- -- The Flash src
As a child, Barry Allen's life was uprooted forever by the death of his mother. The police arrested his father for the crime, but Barry had seen a strange man with inhuman powers in a yellow suit commit the deed.
The death drove him to find answers, researching cases of paranormal activity and possible superhuman forces at work. He also found answers in science, getting a job as an intern with the Central City PD Crime Scene Unit. However, he was perpetually late.
Hearing about the Starling City vigilante, he looked into the stories about him, keeping a running tally of the colorful criminals he caught. He followed and developed theories as to the man's operations. When a seemingly impossible case cropped up in Starling City, Allen used deferred sick days to travel across country, claiming that this case connected to something happening in Central City and inserting himself into the investigation.
He proved instrumental to solving the case, even meeting the vigilante and learning his secret identity. Parting with the man on cordial terms, he returned to his duties...mere seconds before Central City's new particle accelerator backfired, showering the city with exotic radiation. In the ensuing confusion, Allen was struck by lightning, but survived. Allen was in a coma for 9 months. During the time he was in a coma, he was moved to S.T.A.R. Labs. He awoke from his coma and met Cisco Ramon and Caitlin Snow.
He later would later join them in addition to Harrison Wells as part of Team Flash. Later he encounters with numerous Metahumans and Villains, such as, Captain Cold, Heat Wave, but, he would encounter The Man in the Yellow Suit who killed his mother
Holy anachronisms, Batman!
This article is in need of updated information.
- Speed Force Connection: After being hit by the dark matter lightning from the particle accelerator explosion and exposed to various chemicals, Barry's DNA was altered and his cells were supercharged with enormous amounts of electricity, augmenting his physiology, and granting him access to the extradimensional energy source called the Speed Force.
- Superhuman Speed: Barry is able to move at vast superhuman speeds. He is also unaffected by the side-effects of moving at these speeds such as high friction, air pressure, reduced oxygen, and kinetic impact. The intensity of his speed allows him to run across vertical structures and over large masses of water. While able to reach Mach 3.3 on his own and later augmenting his speed by using a tachyon device to reach Mach 13, Barry has since gained a stronger connection to the Speed Force, making him considerably faster.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Because of his great speed, Barry's reflexes are heightened to superhuman levels, allowing him to react to danger instantly. His reflexes are great enough to allow him to catch a bullet while standing still.
- Superhuman Agility: Barry's balance and bodily coordination are far superior to the finest human athlete. He is able to make sharp turns on streets without losing balance, and leap far and high in the air, while running.
- Superhuman Stamina: Barry possesses superhuman stamina, which allows him handle the stress of running at superhuman speed, without getting tired or weak.
- Superhuman Durability: Barry possesses far greater durability than a normal human, due to his body being adapted to the effects of moving at super-speed. He is able to withstand hits from superhumanly strong meta-humans, and only be momentarily stunned.
- Accelerated Healing: Barry is capable of healing at a rate much quicker and efficiently than regular humans. When he severely fractured his arm shortly after gaining his powers, the break healed in three hours.
- Enhanced Mental Process: Barry's brain is able to process information at a highly accelerated rate, which allows him to perceive time and events in slow motion, as well as take in and process large amounts of information.
- Enhanced Senses: Barry's speed extends to his senses, allowing him to see and hear normally when moving at increased speed, even when moving at, or above the speed of sound, where this would normally be impossible.
- Electrokinesis: Barry's body generates a powerful yellow electricity when he is moving at super speed. By generating enough friction on a specific part of his body, such as his hands, he is able to produce a strong shock, capable of reviving someone. Barry is also capable of electrifying water by rapidly running on it.
- Intangibility: Barry can vibrate his cells, making his body intangible. He frequently uses this power to vibrate his entire body to conceal his identity from others, and distort his vocal cords to disguise his voice.
- Aerokinesis: Barry can use his speed to generate air flow as vacuums on various levels. He can suffocate people by creating a vortex around them by running around them. He can spin his arms to create tornado to remove air from fire and extinguish it and repel targets away.
- Time Travel: Barry can move fast enough to break open holes in the fabric of time and space, allowing him to travel through time. This power was formerly uncontrollable, as the first two of his time travels were achieved by accident, although Barry has since then gained partial control over this power.
- Reality Alteration: By preventing events in the past while time-travelling, Barry can unintentionally alter the present reality. This was displayed when Barry traveled back in time and saved his mother from being killed, and accidentally altered the entire universe, creating the Flashpoint timeline.
- Time Remnant Creation: Barry is able to essentially "clone" himself by creating a time remnant, a version of himself from either his past or future. He can do this by time traveling back moments before his current self time travels, producing a time remnant as a result, hailing from a future that no longer exists. This effectively allows for Barry to be two places at once.
- Dimensional Travel: With a tachyon device, Barry is capable of moving fast enough to break open portals to alternate dimensions, although he has only done this once by accident, and needed assistance to return back to his earth.
- Speed Mirages: Barry can use his speed to make it appear as if he's in many places at once, when in reality, he is simply bouncing back and forth too fast for the human mind to perceive the difference. He can create dozens of after-images, allowing him to disorientate his enemies.
- Speed Steal: By trailing another speedster, Barry is capable of siphoning off speed from them to bolster his own speed.
- Computer Operation
- Forensic Science
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Flash, its tie-in comic book series, and its related television series. It is an adaptation of Barry Allen/Flash. The original character was created by Robert Kanigher and Carmine Infantino and first appeared in Showcase #4.
- Barry Allen is portrayed by Grant Gustin.
- He has a Facebook account and page.
- 100 Appearances of Bartholomew Allen (Arrow)
- 23 Images featuring Bartholomew Allen (Arrow)
- 15 Quotations by or about Bartholomew Allen (Arrow)
- Character Gallery: Bartholomew Allen (Arrow)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 "Pilot"
- ↑ "Family of Rogues"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "The Runaway Dinosaur"
- ↑ "All Star Team Up"
- ↑ "King Shark"
- ↑ "Flash of Two Worlds"
- ↑ "Plastique"
- ↑ "Tricksters"
- ↑ "The Trap"
- ↑ "Running to Stand Still"
- ↑ "Out of Time"
- ↑ "Flash Back"
- ↑ "Flashpoint"
- ↑ "The Race of His Life"
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 "Worlds Finest"
- ↑ "The Darkness and the Light"
- ↑ "The Present"
- ↑ "Legends of Yesterday"
- ↑ "Crazy for You"
|Arrow and Flash television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category:Arrow (TV Series) Characters.|
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Team Arrow member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Arrow family of vigilante super-heroes, who fight crime using archery and martial arts. They are a loose connection brought together through family bonds and shared experiences. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Team Arrow members."