In 1957, Barry Allen was a crime forensic researcher at Central City Police Department. During a thunder storm, lightning struck the department's laboratory which Barry was in, causing a explosion among the chemicals that Barry was working. Barry emerge unhurt, but received the power of super-speed. Barry then simply decided to use his power to do good and becoming the Flash, which he named after the said hero of the defunct Justice Society.
As Flash, he made his thrilling debut in Las Vegas after hearing a call from his fiancee Iris West, who was doing a report in Sin City, about one of his Rogue Captain Cold holding a heist. Barry ran to Las Vegas, but learns from Cold that he planted several cryo-bombs throughout the city, abandoning his chance to arrest Captain Cold and to gather the bombs. Fortunately, Flash gathered all the bomb and subdued Captain Cold in the process.
Despite being seen as a hero to the public, Flash is still consider to be a unregistered superhuman fugitive by the federal government. In 1958, Barry overheard of Gorilla Grodd threatening Central City, and came to capture the Gorilla. But this turns out to be a trap, and he was subdue by government agents lead by King Faraday. Faraday confronted the Flash and told him that he is "government property". Flash was shocked from hearing Faraday's words and quickly escape before being almost tranquilized by the agent. This event shook Flash as he became very disappointed of how people viewed him after all he did to help the people he saved and protected. Ultimately, Barry decided to abandon his heroic career, in which he interrupted Walter Cronkite's news report and announced his permanent retirement and reasons for doing so.
However, after the gigantic being known as The Centre appeared off of Florida's coast, Barry watched the events unfold from his home beside Iris West. In the state of global disaster, Barry was about to reveal his heroic identity to Iris, but his fiancee reveals that she had all ready knew about it a longtime ago, and confessed that she is happy for what he did and convinced him to become the Flash again to fight alongside with the heroes at Cape Canaveral against the Centre.
After Superman was believed to be dead, Flash proved crucial in destroying the Centre as his speed is fast enough to cover the creature with Raymond Palmer's smaller matter reduction ray to destabilize and implode the being. Flash succeeded in this and was rescued by Wonder Woman once he jumped off the Centre.
Following the defeat of the Centre, Flash became a member of the Justice League of America.
- Speed Force Conduit: People who, for whatever reason, are connected to the Speed Force are sometimes called Speed Force Conduits. This means that they are connected to the Speed Force and are tethered to it.
- Accelerated Healing: The Speed Force connection allows the speedster's body recover from injury much faster than normal.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive the world at a rate attuned how fast they can react.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force also manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such a friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: While not unlimited, the connection to the Speed Force does bolster the speedsters stamina well beyond the limits of a normal human.
- Superhuman Speed: The main effect of the connection is to allow a speedster to move at vast superhuman speeds. This also confers:
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- In the animated adaption of Justice League: The New Frontier Barry Allen/The Flash was voiced by Neil Patrick Harris.
- 7 Appearances of Bartholomew Allen (Earth-21)
- 10 Images featuring Bartholomew Allen (Earth-21)
- Quotations by or about Bartholomew Allen (Earth-21)
- Character Gallery: Bartholomew Allen (Earth-21)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 DC: The New Frontier #4
- ↑ DC: The New Frontier #2
- ↑ DC: The New Frontier #5
- ↑ DC: The New Frontier #6
- ↑ Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 Flash (Volume 2) #1
- ↑ Flash (Volume 2) #76
- ↑ Flash (Volume 2) #63
- ↑ Flash (Volume 2) #2
- ↑ Flash (Volume 2) #74
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.