Barry Allen was a young man raised by his mother Nora, who became an orphan when his mother was murdered at his home on her birthday. Years later, even after becoming the superhero known as the Flash, Barry still mourned for the death of his mother and wished that he could change things so that his mother would still be alive.
In the present day of the original timeline, Barry dealt with Eobard Thawne, the Reverse Flash, and the members of his Rogues Gallery as they infiltrated the Flash Museum to cause trouble and for the Reverse Flash to set up bombs that would destroy the Flash along with the Museum. Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Captain Atom, and Cyborg showed up to help destroy the bombs before they detonated and to bring the criminals to justice. After the Reverse Flash and the Rogues Gallery members were apprehended, Barry ran off to do something.
The following day, Barry woke up in front of his computer in the police station to find out things have changed, that a superpowered being known as Citizen Cold is on the loose. As Barry tried to run off to deal with it as the Flash, he realized that he neither had his Flash ring on hand nor his superspeed powers, and thus fell down a flight of stairs. He soon found out that his mother Nora was still alive and was waiting for him to take her out for dinner on her birthday. His next revelation was that his wife Iris West was now married to someone else and had a daughter through her husband.
Realizing that he must be in a different timeline, Barry went to Gotham City to seek out Bruce Wayne as the Batman. Instead, he encountered Thomas Wayne, Bruce's father, who in this new timeline lost his son Bruce to a murderer and his wife Martha to insanity, and thus became the superhero known as Batman. When trying to explain what he was doing in the Batcave, Barry had the Flash ring drop out of his pocket when Thomas pushed Barry around. Barry opened the ring, hoping to prove to Thomas the truth of his claim that he was the Flash and came from a different timeline, and instead got the costume of the Reverse Flash coming out.
Though Thomas had difficulty believing Barry, he nonetheless helped in trying to restore Barry's superspeed powers by recreating the same accident with lightning and chemicals that gave him the powers in the first place. Unfortunately, in the first attempt to do so, Barry suffered third-degree burns and had to be treated for them by Thomas, who managed to save Barry before he burned to death. During his recovery, Barry saw memories of events that have happened in the new timeline and realizes that he is beginning to lose the memories of the original timeline. Thomas and Barry attempted again to restore Barry's superspeed powers by recreating the same experiment, and this time was successful as Barry managed to save Thomas from being impaled on top of the fence surrounding Wayne Manor as he fell.
With his superspeed powers restored, Barry changed the Reverse Flash costume into a Flash costume and attempted to break the time barrier in the hope of restoring the original timeline, but found out that he couldn't because someone else in that timeline was somehow co-opting the Speed Force that gave Barry his superspeed powers. The Flash discovered through the photos taken by Lois Lane in New Themyscira that the Reverse Flash was in this timeline as well, and so gained the help of Thomas Wayne, Cyborg, and the S.H.A.Z.A.M. kids to infiltrate New Themyscira to stop the war between Aquaman's Atlantean forces and Wonder Woman's Amazonian forces at least long enough to draw out the Reverse Flash.
When the Reverse Flash finally showed up, Eobard revealed to Barry that it was Barry, not Eobard, who was responsible for creating the new timeline by going back into time to change one event: to save Barry's mother. In Barry's use of his superspeed powers to break the time barrier, Eobard said, he created a "time boom" which altered other events not even directly related to the murder of Barry's mother to change everything and create this new timeline. As the Reverse Flash continued to pummel Barry into submission, Eobard waited for the destructive wave of Aquaman's quantum energy weapon to destroy everything, telling Barry that as long as he is in the same timeline, Barry wouldn't have enough Speed Force energy to break the time barrier again. But after the Reverse Flash was shot in the head by Thomas Wayne, the elder hero gave Barry a letter to give to his son in the other timeline before dying. Then Barry ran and broke through the time barrier, accosting his earlier self before he tried to save his mother from her murderer.
Barry again woke up in front of his computer in the police officer and then realized that everything was changed back to the way it originally was, with some minor changes. After visiting his mother's grave with his wife Iris, Barry went to visit Bruce Wayne to deliver the message Thomas wrote to his son before he ran off.
- Speed Force Conduit: People who, for whatever reason, are connected to the Speed Force are sometimes called Speed Force Conduits. This means that they are connected to the Speed Force and are tethered to it.
- Accelerated Healing: The Speed Force connection allows the speedster's body recover from injury much faster than normal.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive the world at a rate attuned how fast they can react.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force also manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such a friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: While not unlimited, the connection to the Speed Force does bolster the speedsters stamina well beyond the limits of a normal human.
- Superhuman Speed: The main effect of the connection is to allow a speedster to move at vast superhuman speeds. This also confers:
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the film Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and is an adaptation of Barry Allen/Flash. The original character was created by Robert Kanigher and Carmine Infantino and first appeared in Showcase #4.
- Flash was voiced by Justin Chambers and as a youth by Grey DeLisle.
- 1 Appearances of Bartholomew Allen (Flashpoint Paradox)
- 3 Images featuring Bartholomew Allen (Flashpoint Paradox)
- Quotations by or about Bartholomew Allen (Flashpoint Paradox)
- Character Gallery: Bartholomew Allen (Flashpoint Paradox)
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.