Barry Allen is a forensic specialist for the Central City Police Department. There is no shadow on his record or his past. And when he is the Flash, he may move too fast to even cast a shadow.
Years ago, Barry Allen was working late in his laboratory when it was struck by lightning. The bolt struck him as well as certain chemicals in a nerby cabinet. The chemicals -- their composition changed by the lightning -- exploded in Allen's face and transformed him into a being who could move at super-human speed. There is no place Allen cannot be in seconds, no foe he cannot outrun or outrace. He has trained himself to vibrate his molecules at such high velocity that he can pass through walls and even ste into different dimensions and eras. 
- Speed Force Conduit: People who, for whatever reason, are connected to the Speed Force are sometimes called Speed Force Conduits. This means that they are connected to the Speed Force and are tethered to it.
- Accelerated Healing: The Speed Force connection allows the speedster's body recover from injury much faster than normal.
- Increased Perceptions: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive the world at a rate attuned how fast they can react.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force also manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such a friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: While not unlimited, the connection to the Speed Force does bolster the speedsters stamina well beyond the limits of a normal human.
- Superhuman Speed: The main effect of the connection is to allow a speedster to move at vast superhuman speeds. This also confers:
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Overactive Metabolism: If Barry runs too fast for too long his metabolism can harm him and slowly kill him.
- 12 Appearances of Bartholomew Allen (Justice)
- 14 Images featuring Bartholomew Allen (Justice)
- Quotations by or about Bartholomew Allen (Justice)
- Character Gallery: Bartholomew Allen (Justice)