- I say I'm gonna be somewhere, I'll be there like a flash!
- -- Bart Allen src
In 2004, Bart was living as a petty thief in Metropolis. However, seeing a car about to crash into Jonathan Kent, he chose to save him (while also stealing Jonathan's wallet). Bart had been seen by Jonathan's son, who tracked Bart down and tried to confront him. Bart, amazed that someone else could move super fast, decided to befriend Clark and teach him how to live. He told Clark that he had been in an accident, with a bolt of lightning and had gained super speed. Feeling like a freak, in the eyes of his parents, Bart had run off.
Wanting a better life, Bart stole from Lex, but after his fencer betrayed him and Clark talked to him, he returned Lex's property. He then decided to travel to world and see if there was anyone else out there, like him and Clark.
At some point after this, Bart was recruited to Oliver Queen's group, being dubbed "Impulse" (he was not allowed to pick his own codename) and was involved in the group's attempt to bring down Lex Luthor's 33.1 project.
- Superhuman Speed: Impulse possesses the gift of super-speed and enhanced reflexes. The exact limits of this ability are unknown, but he is clearly faster than Clark Kent and is fast enough to run across bodies of water without falling in.
- Power Limitation: Bart's stamina decreases exponentially the more he is forced to use his super-speed. Bart has a super metabolism so he needs to consume a large amount of food.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of Bart Allen/Impulse. The original character was created by Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo and first appeared in Flash (Volume 2) #92.
- Bart Allen was portrayed by Kyle Gallner on the series Smallville.
- It was the first live-action appearance of Bart Allen.
- Bart has many aliases, including Wally West, Jay Garrick, and Barry Allen - the names of the men to use the Flash moniker before Bart in the comics.
- Bart is the first member of the Justice League that Oliver recruited and coincidentally the first member to appear on the series with the exception of Clark and Chloe.
- 20 Appearances of Bartholomew Allen (Smallville)
- 14 Images featuring Bartholomew Allen (Smallville)
- 2 Quotations by or about Bartholomew Allen (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Bartholomew Allen (Smallville)
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.