Barry Allen was born to Nora and Henry Allen. At some point during his childhood, his mother was mysteriously murdered and his father wrongly accused of this, and imprisoned for it. Barry later became a forensic scientist working for the Central City Police Department. One night, an accident involving various chemicals and a lightning strike genetically altered Barry, imbuing him with super-speed. Barry decided to help do good by becoming the costumed superhero the Flash. He at some point met and Green Lantern, who he became well acquainted with to learn his identity.
Barry was bringing back food to his coworkers at the CCPD. He later gets a call from Silas Stone,
One day, Barry was merged with an alternate version of himself, gaining his memories, namely those of an alternate timeline, including a life where his mother lived to see him into adulthood, and the conflicts that occurred in that timeline. He also notices he has a letter given to him by that timeline's Batman. As the Flash, he meets with Batman in the Batcave, and explains his memories of the timeline, including his life with his mother. He reasons it could be a temporal aftereffect, whereas Batman comments it could've been a gift. He then hands Bruce the letter from the alternate Batman: his father. Brought to tears, Bruce thanks Barry, calling him "a hell of a messenger".
- Speed Force Conduit: People who, for whatever reason, are connected to the Speed Force are sometimes called Speed Force Conduits. This means that they are connected to the Speed Force and are tethered to it.
- Accelerated Healing: The Speed Force connection allows the speedster's body recover from injury much faster than normal.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive the world at a rate attuned how fast they can react.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force also manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such a friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: While not unlimited, the connection to the Speed Force does bolster the speedsters stamina well beyond the limits of a normal human.
- Superhuman Speed: The main effect of the connection is to allow a speedster to move at vast superhuman speeds. This also confers:
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the animated direct-to-DVD movies beginning with Justice League: War. It is an adaptation of Barry Allen/Flash. The original character was created by Robert Kanigher and Carmine Infantino and first appeared in Showcase #4.
- The Flash was voiced by Christopher Gorham.
- 5 Appearances of Bartholomew Allen (War)
- 1 Images featuring Bartholomew Allen (War)
- Quotations by or about Bartholomew Allen (War)
- Character Gallery: Bartholomew Allen (War)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.