Bart Allen is a speedster from the year 2056, in this time period the world is in ruins. He builds a time machine with an ally named Neutron, wearing Belle Reve clothes and collar, in the ruins of Mount Justice and he went to the past knowing that it was a one way ticket. In the present he helps Flash and Kid Flash battle an unknown villain who is Bart's ally from the future. After being defeated Neutron starts to self destruct so Flash tries to carry him to the desert to minimize the damage but is tripped by Impulse. The two are saved by Kid Flash and Jay Garrick who take them out of the explosion range. Kid Flash is angry at Impulse until Flash reveals that he saved his life, as the fluctuation of the explosion increased and he would have died before he could get away after dropping Neutron off in the desert. Impulse uses a blue orb given to him by Neutron of the future to cure Neutron. He then pretends like he didn't know his time machine broke during the journey and stays in Central City with Jay Garrick.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Young Justice and its tie-in comic book series. It is an adaptation of Bart Allen/Impulse. The original character was created by Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo and first appeared in Flash (Volume 2) #92.
- Impulse was voiced by Jason Marsden.
- Because he is from a future where the Earth is conquered by the Reach, Bart's speech often makes use of Reach-related words and phrases, such as "crash the mode", "feeling the mode", etc.
- 13 Appearances of Bartholomew Allen II (Earth-16)
- 3 Images featuring Bartholomew Allen II (Earth-16)
- Quotations by or about Bartholomew Allen II (Earth-16)
- Character Gallery: Bartholomew Allen II (Earth-16)
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
Young Justice member