Basil Karlo was born in Denver, Colorado and, sometime during his life, moved to Gotham City.
In Gotham, Karlo wanted to be a big time star and constantly auditioned for any role that was open. One of the roles Karlo really wanted was to be the spokesperson for a local dog food company. Karlo auditioned many times, but, each time, the directors found a different thing wrong with the actor.
Karlo, seeing a great opportunity for fame, snuck into Wayne Industries and stole a vial of Clayface's goo. During the chase, the thief drank the serum and gained the power of Clayface himself.
Basil Karlo used his powers for evil and fame by specifically walking in front of security cameras when he robbed banks.
After a long crime spree, the newly reformed Ethan Bennett used his powers to combat that of Karlo's. Batman stabbed both of the Clayfaces with the antidote, curing both of them.
In Arkham Asylum, Karlo began a friendship with the Joker and the two played chess together. During one of their chess games, Karlo noticed his powers weren't entirely cured and he still had elastic capabilities.
- Clay-like Body: Thanks to drinking the acid that mutated the original Clayface, Karlo has the same abilities as Bennett.
- Mediocre Actor: Karlo has shown some ability of acting but he is worse than he thinks he is.
- Basil Karlo, at the end of his first episode Clayfaces, shows that he has somewhat of a friendship with the Joker. Ironically, the original Clayface has a gigantic grudge against the clown.
- 2 Appearances of Basil Karlo (The Batman)
- 3 Images featuring Basil Karlo (The Batman)
- 1 Quotations by or about Basil Karlo (The Batman)
- Character Gallery: Basil Karlo (The Batman)
|Batman Villain(s) from the 2004 series |
This character, team or organization, was primarily an enemy of the Batman in either the 2004 television show The Batman. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "The Batman (TV Series) Villains category."