"Mute Witness": Batgirl hears the news that Commissioner Gordon has been shot and critically injured. She knows that Batman is his friend and Oracle is his daughter, so she sets out to find the others to hel
- Find the others. Gordon needs our help. Gordon needs justice.
- -- Batgirl (inner monologue)
Appearing in "Mute Witness"
- Geech (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Mute Witness"
Batgirl hears the news that Commissioner Gordon has been shot and critically injured. She knows that Batman is his friend and Oracle is his daughter, so she sets out to find the others to help in the search for the gunman. At the police headquarters, she hears that Catwoman is suspected of involvement in the crime, and she determines to track her down, getting a list of her known locations from the Clock Tower, and visiting each in turn. The last is Gothamview Tower in Midtown, and it seems that Catwoman does indeed live here, though she's not at home. Batgirl's presence activates a trap, but she evades the net, bear pit and tranq darts, only to find herself under attack from Slyfox and his gang, there to settle a score with Catwoman. Batgirl fights them off, trapping Slyfox in the bear pit with a broken leg. She sets out to find the others to help them, so that justice can be done.
- This story is a tie-in to the Officer Down story which began in Batman #587. It takes place at the same time as part 2 of that story in Robin #86.
- Catwoman and Oracle appear on pre-recorded messages.
- Batgirl appears next in Robin #86.
- Renée Montoya appears between pages of Robin #86.
- Harvey Bullock appeared last in Robin #86 and appears next in Birds of Prey #27.
- Slyfox last in Nightwing #1,000,000. Last appearance to date?
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batgirl Vol 1 12 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batgirl series
- Images from Batgirl Vol 1 12
Links and References
- No external links.