"Batgirl": Batman will not allow Batgirl to roam the streets of Gotham City in costume again until he feels she is able to defend herself. After losing her ability to guess the moves of her opponents, Cassandra has to start from scra
- A special ability to predict my opponent's moves. That doesn't begin to describe it. Time... ran together. The future... blending into the moment. A blink of an eye... the knife thrust that follows... both one. It was like... like I could predict my opponent's moves. Okay, that does describe it. But it doesn't do it justice. All this knowledge. No substitute for knowing.
Appearing in "Batgirl"
Synopsis for "Batgirl"
Batman will not allow Batgirl to roam the streets of Gotham City in costume again until he feels she is able to defend herself. After losing her ability to guess the moves of her opponents, Cassandra has to start from scratch. When Batman tells Cassandra the story of Jason Todd's death at the hands of the Joker, she understands his intentions. But despite that Cassandra completely ignores his orders and goes outside wearing a simple face mask instead of the Batgirl costume.
When Barbara Gordon hears about a young heroine on the streets, she does not tell Cassandra to stop but she still warns the latest member of the Batman family that she is just taking too many risks.
Later, Cassandra is outside again when she spots none other than the dangerous Lady Shiva. Wondering what she is up to, Cassandra follows her into a luxurious restaurant. Cassandra has to wait quite a while, but then Shiva attacks two men who are guarding a young woman. Cassandra immediately jumps up to help the woman, but a left cross by Shiva sends her to the ground quickly ...
- This book was first published on August 2, 2000.
- Batman mentions the death of Jason Todd in a flashback to Batman #428.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batgirl Vol 1 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batgirl series
Links and References
- No external links.