Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Perception": July 16, 2002, Night. Holthaus, Ruiz and Santos, three members of the Rossetti crime family, enter a warehouse only to find seven other men either killed or unconscious. The illegal weapons from Miami they were sent to retrieve are gone. They discuss whether this was the work of a
Appearing in "Perception"
- Gabriel Rossetti Crime Family
- Gabriel Rossetti
- Ruiz (Dies)
- Luke Santos
- Bertis "Sharky" Delgado (Flashback only)
- Clement Wellman (Flashback only)
- Cesare Rossetti
- Arturo Zamora
- Wayne Enterprise Management
- Delilah Wagner
- Lucius Fox
- Tiffany Fox
- Roger Sloane (Dies)
- Martha Kane (Flashback only)
- Stanford Whittaker (Flashback only)
- Denholm Sinclair (Flashback only)
- Gotham City Mayor
- Luke Santos' wife
- Gotham City
Synopsis for "Perception"
July 16, 2002, Night. Holthaus, Ruiz and Santos, three members of the Rossetti crime family, enter a warehouse only to find seven other men either killed or unconscious. The illegal weapons from Miami they were sent to retrieve are gone. They discuss whether this was the work of a predator seen previously by "Chop Shop" Eddie Melcher who reported it to the family then left town. The creature, soon identified as the "Tracker", attacks but is not identified by them. Soon after Batman arrives and inspects the scene only to be confronted by Holthaus and Santos. Batman leaves them to the police. The Tracker returns to the Zephyr Building where he is cared for by Dr. Excess. The two discuss the thrill of vigilantism and Batman.
July 17, 2002, 11:36 a.m. Bruce Wayne arrives at Wayne Enterprises and is mobbed by the press and Roger Sloane who attempts to speak to Bruce but is pushed aside by Bruce's aides. He arrives at a meeting where Delilah Wagner asks Bruce to resign due to the bad press he's received from being accused of Vesper Fairchild's murder and his subsequent disappearance. After no one else in the board objects, Bruce leaves claiming he'll speak to his lawyers. That evening, he discusses his plans of retiring with Robin and Alfred, both of whom encourage him not to retire. Batman discusses the Tracker and his history with the Rossetti crime family. He gives Robin the assignment of investigating the man who tried to approach him earlier that day.
To be continued...
- This book was first published on October 30, 2002.
- The dates and times are established by Wayne Enterprise surveillance video and comments made by characters.
- Batman states that the Tracker has been targeting mob activity for the last two months. A caption references Detective Comics 773 through 775.
- The Suicide King's telephone number is (888) 555-1700.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Family Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Family series
- Images from Batman: Family Vol 1 1
Links and References
- No external links.