"Model Citizens": Renée Montoya is sick of her partner Harvey Bullock, the final straw coming when he beats minor villain The Polka Dot Man during arrest, putting him in traction completely unnecessarily. M
- Your kind make me puke. The masks and the gimmicks and the games. It's all a joke to you, huh? Foley's knee's ruined and it's all a joke.
Appearing in "Model Citizens"
- Gotham City Police Department- Major Crimes Unit
- Clarence Foley
- Billy Petit
- James Gordon
- Gillen (internal affairs) (First appearance)
- The Polka Dot Man
- George Mellonshaw (First appearance)
- Cell Six (First appearance)
- Carlos Trujillo (First appearance)
- Paciencia Trujillo (First appearance)
- Robin (Cameo)
- Teddy Bears
- Office Supplies
Synopsis for "Model Citizens"
Renée Montoya is sick of her partner Harvey Bullock, the final straw coming when he beats minor villain The Polka Dot Man during arrest, putting him in traction completely unnecessarily. Montoya requests a tranfer from Major Crimes, but her request is denied - instead she is assigned to a case that Essen and Bock are working on. Bullock, meanwhile, is given a new partner, Kevin Soong, also known as 'Survivor', so named because his last three partners have died in the line of duty.
Kitch and Sallucci are investigating a series of major robberies, where they learn that the gang responsible are trading the goods back to the relevant insurance companies, using a firm of legal associates as a go-between. George Mellonshaw, one of the partners, is an old friend of Kitch's family, but he does not give them any help with their enquiries. Later, it is discovered that a guard has died of injuries sustained in the course of one of the robberies, meaning that the thieves are killers, and Mellonshaw is an accessory to murder. Elsewhere in Gotham, the Tactical Unit are beaten to the punch in a hostage situation by Batman and Robin. Back in GCPD HQ, Hendricks is conducting his own important investigation into missing office supplies, and Gillen from Internal Affairs wishes to speak to Bullock about the Polka Dot Man.
Soong and Bullock are assigned a murder case, where three unrelated victims have been found with a tedy bear dressed according to their profession - Moses and Murphy are quite pleased to hand the case from Homicide to Major Crimes. And Montoya is given an unusual role in her latest assignment. Attempting to protect Ambassador Trujillo from Hasaraguam they foil an attempt by terrorist organisation Cell Six to kidnap his wife. They decide to run a decoy operation - Pacienta Trujillo will remain in the embassy, and Montoya will pose as her at official functions.
- An Officer Foley appears in this series, beginning with this issue. It is unclear whether he is the same Foley who became a major character in No Man's Land.
- Batman and Robin are only seen swinging away from the scene of a hostage situation. They do not speak or take part in events in any other way.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: GCPD Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: GCPD series
- Images from Batman: GCPD Vol 1 1
Links and References
- No external links.