""Transformation"": A confrontation in a cabin in the woods between two half-brothers Luke Hames and Perry Dennison, escalated into a hostage situation, goes wrong when they are intruded upon by the alien Parasite
Appearing in "Transformation"
- Batman (Jean-Paul Valley)
- Cardinal Sin (Perry Dennison) (First appearance)
- Samaritan (Luke Hames) (First appearance)
- Bishop Manwell (Single appearance)
- Gotham City Police Department
Synopsis for "Transformation"
A confrontation in a cabin in the woods between two half-brothers Luke Hames and Perry Dennison, escalated into a hostage situation, goes wrong when they are intruded upon by the alien Parasite "Gemir", and the two mens' lives are changed forever. While feeding upon them, Gemir inadvertently activates the two brothers' metagenes, granting them both with superpowers.
Hames, a former drunken murderer, sees Gemir and has an epiphany that everything he has ever believed in is wrong... and changes his ways, using the healing powers he's been imbued with to become the heroic "Samaritan". Dennison, on the other hand, a priest and a devoted man of god, sees the parasite and realizes that contrary to his prior beliefs, evil really does exist in the world. He goes back on his life devoted to virtue, believing it to be all lies, and uses his newfound abilities to drain the life force of others to become the villainous "Cardinal Sin".
Helping the police search for Hames, still a wanted murderer, Batman kidnaps Samaritan and takes him back to the Batcave with the intent of interrogating him. Samaritan is able to convince the Batman of his brother's plot to murder a venerated Bishop coming to Gotham City, and the two of them go out to stop Cardinal Sin.
Although Cardinal Sin does kidnap Bishop Manwell and drain him of his life force, Samaritan is able to bring the Bishop back to life. Afterwards, the two brothers get into a direct fight, and combat their powers against each other. In a massive battle of energies, the two apparently burn themselves out, and are both left powerless, with Samaritan in a coma. Perry Dennison escapes conviction for the previous murders he's committed, there being no witnesses to the crimes. He ends up back in the woods, where he first met Gemir, praying to the skies that the evil he now worships grant him power again.
- Each of the Bloodlines annuals for 1993 introduces a new super-hero character. This issue introduces the characters "Cardinal Sin" and "Samaritan".
- Jean-Paul Valley is taking the place of Bruce Wayne as Batman in this issue as Wayne's back was brutally broken by Bane during the events of "Knightfall".
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual series
- Images from Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual Vol 1 3
- Bloodlines Spin-offs
Links and References
|Bloodlines Crossover |
The events from this issue are related to Bloodlines, during which an alien race of Parasites invaded Earth and inadvertently activated the metagene in a number of individuals, creating many "New Blood" superheroes in their attempts to feed on human spinal fluid. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Bloodlines Crossovers category.