Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Claim Jumping, Part One": In the midst of the No Man's Land incident, Gotham City is divided into territories, each dominated by different factions.
Appearing in "Claim Jumping, Part One"
- Alfred Pennyworth (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Claim Jumping, Part One"
In the midst of the No Man's Land incident, Gotham City is divided into territories, each dominated by different factions.
Two-Face and Penguin strike a deal. Two-Face agrees to give Penguin Batman's territory, freeing Two-Face to expand west, into James Gordon's territory. Batgirl calls Oracle and asks for information on Batman's behalf. Oracle tells Batgirl she will only speak to Batman and hangs up. Later, Batman shows up at Oracle's apartment and Oracle gives Batman information that something is brewing at City Hall. She tries to tell him that she thinks its a trap, but he didn't listen.
Gordon tells his men that they are going to take Penguin's territory, even knowing that they don't possess the manpower to do it by themselves. In Blackgate prison, Two-Face cuts a deal with a Russian woman in one of the jail cells to take control of Gotham City. Gordon asked something of Renee Montoya; something that they both are not proud of, but in the end Renee agreed and did as Gordon asked.
Batman leaves Batgirl in charge of his territory and heads to City Hall where he finds a group gathered to watch a fight. Rhino is fighting a wisp of a woman, the same woman Two-Face cut a deal with earlier. At the exact time that Batman stops the fight, Two-Face, Penguin and Gordon's men all attack each other's respective territories. Batman took the woman away from the danger zone but when Batman was distracted, she knocked him unconscious.
- This is the first part of the story labeled Claim Jumping. The events of this issue take place after Batman Chronicles #16. Claim Jumping and No Man's Land continue in Batman: Shadow of the Bat #87.
- It is stated that at this point, it has been four months since Gotham became No Man's Land. 127 days approximately.
- There is a continuity inconsistency in the Gotham City map shown in the first page. On the lower right corner are the names of every gang and group with a territory in the city and the ones that were already taken down are crossed. The Xhosa are not part of the legend but they are in the map. Also, Mad Hatter's name is crossed, even though he hasn't been taken down. This happens later in Batman #566.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 119 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.