"Endgame, Part One: Silent Night": At the breaking of dawn of November 29th, Gotham City was invaded by members of the United States Army, S.T.A.R. Labs, Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp all carrying as many people, vehicles, supplies and construction materials with the sole pur
- I think it might finally be over...I think it's the end.
- -- Sarah Essen
Appearing in "Endgame, Part One: Silent Night"
- Colonel Toro (Single appearance)
- Captain Zahedi (Single appearance)
- Private Harrison (Single appearance)
- Private Beaumont (Single appearance)
- Ben (Single appearance)
- Scarface Puppet (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Endgame, Part One: Silent Night"
At the breaking of dawn of November 29th, Gotham City was invaded by members of the United States Army, S.T.A.R. Labs, Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp all carrying as many people, vehicles, supplies and construction materials with the sole purpose of turning No Man's Land into a livable city until January 1st.
All the citizens of Gotham were overwhelmed by the incoming people and efforts to rebuild the city, but with their combined efforts, the big companies managed to generate energy and supply the people with the basic services.
However, not everyone was happy with the reopening of the city. Joker was brooding and thinking of soemthing that would make him the center of attention. Joker realized that he could strike near the opening day of Gotham to make it much more dramatic.
As days passed, the people of Gotham were slowly watching how their city was becoming alive again. With the help provided by the outside, the people was very happy. All of them except Batman, who suddenly realized that Joker has disappeared from the map. Batman told Oracle to keep an eye for any notice of the Joker as it was now his first priority.
Meanwhile, at Pettit's territory, he commanded his people to stay in their base during the incoming night of Christmas eve. When some of his men told him that they needed to go to their families, Pettit threatened them and almost shoot one of his own men. Huntress stopped him from firing his weapon but it was clear now that Pettit was unstable and that he could lose grips of reality any time soon. Watching the situation from afar was Robin who was later found by Nightwing and both of them went to meet Batman at the Gordon's place to discuss their next course of action to find Joker.
With their Headquarters reopened, the GCPD was back in action and James Gordon was reinstated as Police Commissioner. Sarah Essen called Montoya to tell her that because of the past situation with Two-Face, she was promoted to detective second grade. In the meantime, Batman questioned the most prominent criminals in Gotham about the Joker's whereabouts but all his efforts were futile. Nobody knew where the clown was and nobody cared.
On Christmas Eve, the people of Gotham were having the traditional Christmas dinner. The Gordon's were at Barbara's place, Montoya and Bullock were at the Montoya's place, Tim Drake and his father had returned to Gotham and were at their old place while Bruce, Dick, Alfred and Leslie were staing at one of Wayne Enterprises buildings.
Pettit and his people were staying at the refugee camp in the middle of the city. Things were quiet enough for christmas eve, but suddenly one of the guards posted outside reported that he just made contact with the Joker. Pettit told everyone to stand and fight but Huntress tried to tell them that it was a trap. Outside the camp, Joker along with Harley Quinn had just killed the guards and were calling the rest of them to come out.
- This is the first part of the storyline titled Endgame. The events of this issue take place after Catwoman #77. No Man's Land and Endgame continues in Batman #574.
- In this issue, Renee Montoya is promoted to detective second grade.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 126 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.