Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"War Games: Act 2, Part 2 of 8: Philosophical Differences": Batman comes to the conclusion that in order to find the responsible behind the gang war, he must use another identity different than Batman, and that's how Matches Malone starts looking
Appearing in "War Games: Act 2, Part 2 of 8: Philosophical Differences"
- Black Mask (Undisclosed)
- Nightwing (On a TV or computer screen)
- Onyx (On a TV or computer screen)
- Orpheus (On a TV or computer screen)
- Batgirl (On a TV or computer screen)
Synopsis for "War Games: Act 2, Part 2 of 8: Philosophical Differences"
Batman comes to the conclusion that in order to find the responsible behind the gang war, he must use another identity different than Batman, and that's how Matches Malone starts looking for answers in the streets of Gotham.
Meanwhile, Catwoman takes Spolier to the East End and tells her the reason why the plan she tried to implement didn't work is because Matches Malone is in fact Batman. Spoiler tries to run away and fix her mistake, but Catwoman stops her and both start to fight each other. In the end Catwoman defeats Spoiler and prevents her from making more mistakes.
Elsewhere, James Gordon decides that he should be helping the city in any way he can and he goes to the GCPD Headquarters to talk to Commissioner Akins, who reveals Gordon about Batman's intentions of taking control of the entire GCPD. Gordon gives Akins some advice and agrees with his decision of not leaving it all to Batman.
Catwoman goes to Holly and Karon's apartment along with Spoiler and she tells Holly to watch Spoiler closely and to not let her go anywhere. Meanwhile, Catwoman goes out, but before leaving, Spoiler makes her promise that she wouldn't tell Batman the truth.After a long night of Matches Malone questioning all kinds of thugs and people with criminals connections, Batman thinks that the responsible for the gang war is Diego Escabedo, current leader of the Escabedo Cartel. He contacts Oracle and lets her know about his worries about their need for people. At that moment, Robin joins Batman, much to the Dark Knight's surprise. Batman contacts all the members of the Bat Family and tells them to start acting before the police curfew starts. Batman and Robin start patrolling the city and Batman reveals that the person behind it all developed a plan without flaws and that he would make that person pay when it's all over.
In the meantime, Catwoman goes to the Thompkins Clinic, where she reveals the truth about Spoiler's mistake to Leslie Thompkins and asks her to pass on the information to Batman, in oder to get the situation under control.
Batman goes to James Gordon's house and asks him to intercede on his behalf with Michael Akins, but Gordon refuses, since he believes that Akins is doing the right thing and Batman would cross the line by taking the law into his own hands.
At dawn in the North End, the house of Diego Escabedo has been attacked and all of his bodyguards and henchmen are dead. Diego has been taken to the basement of his home and is tied to a chair, which in turn is tied to a post. The aggressor has covered Diego's mouth with duct tape and is about to torture him using a welder gun until he reveals all the information he wants.
- This book was first published on September 8, 2004.
- This is the second part of Act Two of the War Games storyline. The previous chapter is Detective Comics #798 and the story continues in Nightwing (Volume 2) #97.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 183 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight series
- Images from Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 183
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|War Games Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Batman: War Games, a massive Batman Title crossover involving a massive conflict between the different factions of Gotham Organized Crime, culminating in the rise to power of Black Mask.
This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the War Games Crossover category.