Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Faith: Part One": John Ackers wanders the street strung out on drugs. He bumps into Mister Costas and his thugs who begin beating him for drooling on their car. Batman rescues Ackers and brings him to a hospital where he is treated by Leslie Thompkins. Leslie leaves the hos
- That's what we're for -- when the law doesn't work.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Faith: Part One"
- Mr. Costas
- Billy (Single appearance)
- Gotham City Police Department
- Harvey Harris (Mentioned only)
- Marco (Single appearance)
- Martha Wayne (Flashback only)
- Rico (Single appearance)
- Sammy (Single appearance)
- Thomas Wayne (Flashback only)
- Twitch (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "Faith: Part One"
John Ackers wanders the street strung out on drugs. He bumps into Mister Costas and his thugs who begin beating him for drooling on their car. Batman rescues Ackers and brings him to a hospital where he is treated by Leslie Thompkins. Leslie leaves the hospital to have dinner with Bruce Wayne, assuming Ackers will be gone by the time she returns. At dinner, Leslie recalls with Bruce their first meeting and discusses how his life could have taken a different turn. When Leslie returns to the hospital, Ackers is still in the hospital and inspired by Batman he vows to do something better with his life.
When Ackers leaves the hospital, he decides to start doing good in the name of Batman. He goes to a place where he knows someone will need help a bus stop. As Billy exits the bus he is approached by two thugs who try to get him hooked on drugs, Ackers attacks the thugs and offers Billy a chance to join him. Ackers group begins to grow and their first skirmish is protecting a local grocers. The grocer gives Ackers and his group a run-down building to stay in if they fix it up.
Ackers attempts to pay back Dr. Thompkins for her help, but she refuses because she disagrees with his violent methods of handing out justice. Captain Gordon calls Ackers to his office to discuss his tactics with "The Batmen." He advises Ackers to stop, but Ackers refuses unless Batman is given the same treatment. Gordon is left to contemplate.
The Batmen get word that one of Costas' men (Twitch) is coming back. Batman is also aware of this and they both head to the abandoned building where Twitch is picking up his pay. However, it was a trap which is sprung when Costas' men start firing at the building killing Twitch. A battle between the Batmen and Batman versus Costas men ensues. The drug dealers lose and Batman speaks to Ackers saying he approves of what he's doing. However, Ackers wrongfully assumes that Batman has tasked him with killing Costas.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 21 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes