Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Shaman (Book V of V)": Batman approaches the front door of Wayne Manor. Just inside the door, awaits the knife-wielding Woodley, ready to stab Wayne when he enters. Behind Woodley is Alfred Pennyworth, gagged and tied to a chair
- I've got to go back downtown. I may finally put an end to the ritual murders tonight.
- -- Bruce Wayne
Appearing in "Shaman (Book V of V)"
- Carl Fisk
- Cult of Chubala
- Thomas Woodley (Dies)
Synopsis for "Shaman (Book V of V)"
Batman approaches the front door of Wayne Manor. Just inside the door, awaits the knife-wielding Woodley, ready to stab Wayne when he enters. Behind Woodley is Alfred Pennyworth, gagged and tied to a chair. Woodley begins to get restless from waiting and Wayne leaps upon him from the second floor of the house's interior. In the ensuing fight, Wayne is almost stabbed. Wayne successfully breaks the man's arm with a throw and the Woodley runs away. Wayne cannot follow because of the disguise he was wearing that stopped the knife from reaching his skin.
Later, he follows the tracer's signal in the fake Shaman's robes that he placed earlier. Batman appears in the midst of a sacrifice, and belittles and shames the fake Shaman in front of his men by using all the props and traps he prepared earlier, and so they will not follow him any longer. Batman ties up and leaves the Shaman for the police.
Back in Wayne Manor, Batman looks for any sign of Woodley and after looking for a while, he finds the man agonizing in the middle of the snowy forest. Batman tries to save the renegade indian but it is already too late. Before dying, the man surrenders the mask of the bat-shaman to Batman and Bruce decides to deliver it back to where it belongs.
Bruce travels to Alaska and finds out that the shaman that cured him is already dead. The grandaughter teaches Bruce a very important lesson and he finally realizes that he must become the mask, for that is his destiny. Bruce returns to Gotham, places the bat-mask in the Batcave and goes out to patrol his city at night.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Shaman trade paperback.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.