"Knightquest: The Search - Quarry: Part One": Bruce Wayne went to see a British doctor for a prognosis over his back injuries. Doctor Holder told him that the only chance to recover his mobility is for Bruce to apply immediatly for a surgery with transplanted foetal tis
- Sometimes there's a clue to the present in the past.
- -- Bruce Wayne
Appearing in "Knightquest: The Search - Quarry: Part One"
- Benedict Asp (Flashback and main story) (Origin)
- Robin (Cameo)
- Amos Asplin (Flashback only) (Dies)
- Doctor Holder (Single appearance)
- Minnie Asplin (Flashback and main story) (Dies)
- Jack Drake (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Knightquest: The Search - Quarry: Part One"
Bruce Wayne went to see a British doctor for a prognosis over his back injuries. Doctor Holder told him that the only chance to recover his mobility is for Bruce to apply immediatly for a surgery with transplanted foetal tissue in the spine. Alfred suggested the idea of starting the arrangements for traveling back to Gotham but Bruce replied that they weren't going anywhere until they've captured Benedict Asp and Shondra Kinsolving.
Asp was holding Shondra against her will and she refused to continue cooperating with him now that Asp didn't have Jack Drake to extort her any longer. Shondra tries to escape but is stopped by one of Asp's thugs. After the escaping attempt, Asp injected Shondra with a hypnotic serum developed by himself. The substance would subdue the person to the will of someone else. Shondra was down and Asp sent some of his henchmen to kill Sir Hemingford Gray back in London.
Bruce disguised himself once again as Gray to stay in a hotel room in London. He called Robin to catch up with the information Bruce required him to get over Shondra Kinsolving. Robin told him that Shondra's real name was Sandra Asplin, she grew up in a town called Slag Lake and was adopted at the age of six by the Asplins and that Mrs. Asplin still lives there. As Bruce was about to hang the phone, he saw a man in the mirror's reflection at his back entering by the window and he threw the phone to man tossing him out of the building but that action just caused him more pain. As he was trying to recover, two armed men broke down the door but Bruce reacted quickly enough and shot tranquilizer darts from his cane, one for each one and knocked them out. A third man, using a balaclava entered the room, Bruce used his second cane and sprayed some gas to him but the man created a burst with a briefcase and blew the gas towards Alfred. Bruce sprayed more gas to the man but he laughed at the attempt. He took off his ski mask revelaing he was wearing a gas mask so the gas was futile. The man opened the briefcase and took a knife from inside it. Bruce blocked the man's attacks but with great pain. The man then tossed the knife to Bruce but he caught the weapon with help of the cane. The man, desperate reached for his gun while Bruce tossed the knife to his head knocking the man without hurting him. After the fight concluded, Alfred and Bruce decided to go behind the clues given by Robin; they were going to search Shondra's past and visit her adoptive mother.
At his hideout, Asp was inducing Shondra into a trance. He made her remember their past as brothers adopted both by the Asplins. He forced her to remember their evil adoptive father, Amos Asplin, who would always beat Sandra for no apparent reason. Asp put on his psionic helmet and made Shondra remenber more abour their past; as how one time he was injured badly by their father and she would go to Benedict and healed his wound. It was completely cured and that healing power would only work when they both where together. Those memories were being told at the same time to Alfred and Bruce by Mrs. Asplin. She told them about the one time when Amos Asplin brought home a whip and threatened to use it on the kids. Sandra and Benedict where so angry at him they wanted to see him death and so he instantly died. Asp ordered Shondra to think of the hate se had for Mrs. Asplin for doing nothing to stop Mr. Asplin, with the hate thoughts of Shondra in mind and Asp's psionic helmet active, Mrs. Asplin died in front of Bruce and Alfred. Asp rejoiced the succeed of the plan and stated that the next victim would be Sir Hemingford Gray.
- Asp appeared last in Batman: Shadow of the Bat #23. He appears next in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #60.
- This issue is part of the "Knightquest: The Search" crossover.
- Despite being part of Knightquest, it wasn't included in the Batman: Knightfall Volume Two - Knightquest collection.
- Knightquest: The Search continues on Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #60.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 59 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight series
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.