- It's over, Jean-Paul.
Appearing in "Climax"
Synopsis for "Climax"
Bruce confronts Jean-Paul inside the abandoned Wayne Manor, attempting to talk down the unstable vigilante. However, Jean-Paul wants nothing of it and drives Bruce away. When an attempt to enter the cave proves dangerous, he uses an alternate route. Entering the cave, he attempts to fool Jean-Paul into removing his cowl, but Jean-Paul calls his bluff and calls him down to talk. When he does so, he strikes out, forcing Bruce to realize not even talking will get him through it. He lures Jean-Paul back into where he entered and quickly learns the playing field has been leveled when Jean-Paul removes the suit, but not the mask. As the madman lunges at Bruce, he removes the board covering the entrance, blinding Jean-Paul and forcing him to remove the mask. Doing so shatters his fragile mind, getting him to admit that Bruce was always Batman and he was nothing. Bruce shows Jean-Paul a measure of mercy, letting him go and telling him not to look back as he turns and enters Wayne Manor.
- This issue is the finale to the three-book "Knightfall" saga. It is followed by three aftermath issues.
- This issue is reprinted in the trade paperbacks Batman: Knightfall Part Three: KnightsEnd and Batman: Knightfall Volume Three: KnightsEnd.
- Jean-Paul Valley appeared last in Detective Comics #677. He appears next in the first story in Showcase '94 #10.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 63 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at IGN Comics
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at Dark Knight
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.