Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Ground Zero": Bruce Wayne is having trouble coming to grips with the No Man's Land syndrome. He goes to Monaco to play up his playboy reputation, but finds little satisfaction in how things are preceding. He hates playing the role of Bruce Wayne.
- Whatever the case, I won't stop until I have rescued Gotham City.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Ground Zero"
- Bane (Flashback only)
- Martha Wayne (Flashback only)
- Thomas Wayne (Flashback only)
- Joe Chill (Flashback only)
- Tim Drake (Flashback only)
- Chester Barnicky III (Single appearance)
- Pete Peterson (Single appearance)
- Salamei Hinda (Single appearance)
- Xung Wei (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Ground Zero"
Bruce Wayne is having trouble coming to grips with the No Man's Land syndrome. He goes to Monaco to play up his playboy reputation, but finds little satisfaction in how things are preceding. He hates playing the role of Bruce Wayne.
The Huntress meanwhile tries to maintain law and order in the impoverished Gotham streets. The locals do not fear her in the same way that they fear Batman however. To compensate for this, the Huntress tries out a new tactic. She dons a new costume and assumes the guise of Batgirl!
Bruce eventually returns and realizes that he can no longer sit idly by and do nothing. He patrols the streets of Gotham and finds the new Batgirl. He immediately recognizes her as the Huntress, but there is little to criticize her - a new adversary has entered the mix, Ferak.
Ferak is a living plant woman, possibly one of Posion Ivy's creations (as Batman surmises). Batman decides to let Huntress take lead on this to see how well she fares. He's concerned that she may go over the line, in which case, Batman is ready to stop her. The Huntress calms Ferak down, realizing that she is just a confused creature. She leads her to Robinson Park where she can be with other plants. Batman is impressed. No longer concerned about the Huntress' motives, Batman swings off to save Gotham.
- The events of this issue take place before Batman: No Man's Land #1.
- Despite the reading order, this issue is a prequel to the No Man's Land event.
- Chronologically this is the first time that Helena Bertinelli wears the Batgirl suit. This issue also marks the first time chronologically that Batman changed his utility belt to a bigger one.
- Among the flashbacks featured in this comic book are the following
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: No Man's Land Vol 1 0 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: No Man's Land series
- Images from Batman: No Man's Land Vol 1 0
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman: No Man's Land #0 at Comic Vine
- Batman: No Man's Land #0 at the Grand Comics Database Project
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.