This is the second of five paperbacks collecting the Batman: No Man's Land storyline. These paperback were published from 1999 to 2001 (not to be confused by four paperbacks published in 2011 and 2012 collecting the No Man's Land storyline).
This paperback collects the Batman: No Man's Land comic books which were published in May to July, 1999 (and Batman Chronicles #16 in March, 1999). This part of the No Man's Land storyline was written by Ian Edginton, Greg Rucka, Scott Beatty, Dennis O'Neil, Lisa Klink and Bob Gale. The illustrations were by D'Israeli, Frank Teran, Jason Pearson, Damion Scott, Chris Renaud, Guy Davis, Phil Winslade and Mike Deodato, Jr..
In this paperback Batman and his allies continue their fight to save Gotham during its darkest hour. Taking on a new costume and persona as Batgirl, the Huntress joins forces with Barbara Gordon, the former Batgirl, while Nightwing, the former Robin, tries to help the city's remaining citizens in any way he can. But as Batman begins to realize that he is fighting a fight he can't win, he collapses into a state of despair from which he may never recover.
This paperback collects the following comic books:
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #117 (Bread and Circuses: Part One)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat #85 (Bread and Circuses: Conclusion)
- Batman #565 (Mosaic, Part One)
- Detective Comics #732 (Mosaic, Part Two)
- Batman Chronicles #16 (Two Down, The Comforts of Home and Harold)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #118 (Balance)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat #86 (Home Sweet Home)
- Detective Comics #733 (Shades of Grey)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #119 (Claim Jumping, Part One)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat #87 (Claim Jumping, Part Two)
- This paperback series only includes Batman comic book titles. It doesn't collect the Azrael: Agent of the Bat, the Catwoman, the Nightwing and the Robin comic books that were part of the Batman: No Man's Land storyline. This means Azrael: Agent of the Bat #52 to Azrael: Agent of the Bat #54 (published in May to July, 1999) are missing from this paperback.