Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
""Joe Public"": A new vigilante debuts in Gotham City, "Joe Public", a phys-ed teacher determined to bring down local drug kingpin "Happy Jack" for selling ecstasy to a number of and causing the death of one of his students. Despite his good intentions, he finds Batman
Appearing in "Joe Public"
- Happy Jack (Only appearance; dies)
- Max Farnham (Only appearance; dies)
- Sal Jordan (Only appearance; dies)
- Shades (Only appearance; dies)
- Darlene Tibbs (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Joe Public"
A new vigilante debuts in Gotham City, "Joe Public", a phys-ed teacher determined to bring down local drug kingpin "Happy Jack" for selling ecstasy to a number of and causing the death of one of his students. Despite his good intentions, he finds Batman already in the process of busting the drug lord and distracts him, allowing Happy Jack to tazer Batman and escape. Meanwhile, Batman finds himself simultaneously occupied with a serial killer brutally goring the bodies of innocents, who unbeknownst to him is the alien parasite "Gemir" hiding in Gotham to feed on human spinal fluids. When Gemir kidnaps both Happy Jack and Joe Public to his offshore island base, where he's stored a number of captives for later eating, Batman meets and teams up with Pagan to attempt to stop him. Gemir feeds on both of his kidnapped, seemingly murdering the two of them. While Batman and Pagan are trying to fight Gemir, Joe Public reawakens, and finds himself with the ability to draw strength from those around him. To the other heroes' surprise, Public fights Gemir himself with the strength of everyone else in the vicinity, and his super-strength blows finally drive Gemir away, who decides to pursue prey in another city.
- No special notes.
- Each of the Bloodlines annuals for 1993 introduces a new super-hero character. This issue introduces the character "Joe Public"
- Unlike most other New Blood heroes from the Bloodlines crossover, Joe Public's name is never revealed. Whereas most of the other involved new heroes decided to don costumes after receiving their powers, Public is one of very few who became a costumed vigilante beforehand.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Shadow of the Bat Annual Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Shadow of the Bat Annual series
- Images from Batman: Shadow of the Bat Annual Vol 1 1
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Detective Comics
- Bloodlines Spin-offs
Links and References
- Bloodlines (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Unofficial Bloodlines Biography at Vanishing Point
- Bloodlines at dcindexes.com
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
|Bloodlines Crossover |
The events from this issue are related to Bloodlines, during which an alien race of Parasites invaded Earth and inadvertently activated the metagene in a number of individuals, creating many "New Blood" superheroes in their attempts to feed on human spinal fluid. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Bloodlines Crossovers category.