"Bruce Wayne - Three: Curse of the Bat": Bruce was in shock with Shondra's reaction towards him. He didn't believed she could not recognize him, even though he was disguised as Sir Hemingford Gray. Bruce insisted but Shondra made it cle
Appearing in "Bruce Wayne - Three: Curse of the Bat"
- Benedict Asp
- Colonel Vega
Synopsis for "Bruce Wayne - Three: Curse of the Bat"
Bruce was in shock with Shondra's reaction towards him. He didn't believed she could not recognize him, even though he was disguised as Sir Hemingford Gray. Bruce insisted but Shondra made it clear that she didn't recognize him and that she was there with Benedict Asp as his willing partner. Some of Asp's personal security grabbed Bruce and dragged him out of Monkleigh Hall.
Some of them where the aristocrat with Bruce had had an encounter in the morning and they were looking forward some retribution. They circled Bruce but he managed to knock all of them using the canes that he use to walk and were modified by Harold so they could throw knockout gas and be used as an electroshock weapon. Once Bruce got rid of them all, he was unable to decide what to do next.
In the Monkleigh village, Colonel Vega and Yuri were seeking among all the population's dead bodies one to take back to Monkleigh Hall when they saw Hood aproaching towards them. They hid on some near trees and ambushed Hood. Unable to defend himself Hood used his flare gun as a call for help. Bruce, incapable to ignore the calling, left Monkleigh Hall and knocked Colonel Vega and Yuri with some tranquilizer darts fired from the canes. After saving Hood, Bruce returned to Monkleigh Hall.
Asp suspected that somebody was tracking Shondra and decides to leave the place for good. He sends some secret service agents to help Vega and Yuri to retrieve a body as he packs the psionic weapon the've designed. Then he left Jack Drake to die in a cellar, knocked Shondra and dragged her to a secret escape route. When Bruce arrived to Monkleigh Hall, he found himself against the secret service agents. With some help of Hood he could enter the Hall just to find it utterly empy except for an agonizing but still alive Jack Drake. After calling an ambulance for Drake, Bruce heads out of the Hall just to watch Asp leaving the place in a helicopter with Shondra by his side.
The secret service agents were tied down and Hood explained Bruce that everyone in Monkleigh was dead. Bruce feared for Alfred's life and headed for the village just to find dead bodies everywhere. When all hope was lost, Alfred appeared out of nowhere and explained that he had gone to take a walk out of the village. When Alfred caught up with the events, he decided not to tell Bruce the troubles of the new Batman at Gotham City.
After all the events, Hood approached Alfred and told him what a privilege was to work with the Batman and that they may rest assured that he will not tell anybody the Batman's secret. Bruce was thinking of all what just happened and felt betrayed. He thought he was fooled by Shondra, that she had planned all the scheme. He solemnly swore to find Shondra and to bring her to justice.
- This issue is part of the "Knightquest: The Search" crossover.
- Despite being part of Knightquest, it wasn't included in the Batman: Knightfall Volume Two: Knightquest collection.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Shadow of the Bat Volume 2.
- Hood came to the wrong conclusion that Batman was really an English aristo-in-exile.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 23 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Shadow of the Bat series
- Images from Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 23
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- No external links.
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.