"Legacy, Part Four: The Power of the Picts": Bruce Wayne attends an art exhibition in Edinburgh. He is interested in some artifacts that were recently shipped from Sudan. Bruce knew that if there was a way for Ra's al Ghul to smuggle the vir
- I'm American.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Legacy, Part Four: The Power of the Picts"
- Euan Tasker (Single appearance)
- Lachlan Tasker (Flashback only)
- Lorne Tasker (Single appearance)
- Picts (Mentioned only)
- Ranald Tasker (Single appearance)
- Oracle (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Legacy, Part Four: The Power of the Picts"
Bruce Wayne attends an art exhibition in Edinburgh. He is interested in some artifacts that were recently shipped from Sudan. Bruce knew that if there was a way for Ra's al Ghul to smuggle the virus into the city was as part of the exhibition.
Bruce returned later at night as Batman to look over the art pieces. He saw three men in disguise entering the museum into the vault that the art pieces were. He attacked them but then he realized that they were not part of Ra's men. The three men were taking back a piece that belonged to them by right. They planned to take it and pay back what they were paid for the piece. Suddenly the League of Assassins arrived and attacked all of them. Batman and the three guys fought back but two of the Assassins escaped with the flasks cointaining the virus. Batman told the three brothers to follow one of them while he followed the other. The brothers tracked the man until the Assassin escaped using a motorcylce. Batman managed to catch the second Assassin and took the flask from him. When he asked the assassin where would his partner be, the assassin broke a gas capsule in his mouth and died instantly.
With the help of the three brothers, Batman managed to find the place where the assassin was headed. He managed to tackle the motorcycle and before he could reach the assassin, the man killed himself in the same manner as his partner. The flask was falling to the ground and Batman launched himself forward to catch it. He took it but fell to a lake that prevented the flask to be crushed and saved Batman from a certain death.
The three brothers asked Batman's help to retrieve their valued piece of art in exchange for the help they provided. Batman agreed and then he head to his hotel room where he contacted Robin. Robin told Batman about a fourth city that might be Ra's next target. Batman decided to act immediately and he was ready and set to go to Calcutta.
- This is the fourth part of the Batman: Legacy storyline.
- The events in this issue take place between Robin #32 and Batman #534.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Legacy collected edition.
- The chosen place to unleash the virus in Edinburgh was the Salisbury Crags.
- There is a reference to Malthusianism and a mention that Ra's al Ghul shares that ideology.
- There is a mention to Hitler.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 54 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Shadow of the Bat series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|Batman: Legacy Crossover
The events from this issue are related to the Legacy crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996. The events of Legacy lead into Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.