"Claim Jumping, Part Two": All around Gotham City, chaos is breaking out. Two-Face and his followers are marching uptown. James Gordon and his men are making a grab for Penguin's territory and Penguin is attacking [[Bruce Wayne (New Ea
Appearing in "Claim Jumping, Part Two"
- Batman (Flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "Claim Jumping, Part Two"
All around Gotham City, chaos is breaking out. Two-Face and his followers are marching uptown. James Gordon and his men are making a grab for Penguin's territory and Penguin is attacking Batman's territory. Batgirl is holding Batman's territory for the time being, but Batman is nowhere to be found.
Batman is being kept tied-up and drugged elsewhere by a Russian woman that goes by the name of Echo. Penguins appears at Batman's territory demanding Batgirl to surrender, but she refused and shot and arrow to Penguin's knee. Two-Face arrives and tells Penguin to leave as he has double-crossed Cobblepot. While Penguin was attacking Batman's place, Gordon has already seized Penguin's territory and Two-Face has done the same. Penguin leaves and Batgirl does the same, deciding Two-Face's men are too great in number for her to fight alone.
Batman recovers from the drug Echo placed on him and discovers that she can read people's mind and forced him to relive the fatal scene when Thomas and Martha Wayne were murdered by Joe Chill in Park Row in front of kid Bruce Wayne. Echo feels sorry for Batman and then, when she decided she has hold him long enough, she left Batman alone. Batman managed to untie himself and immediately he went to check over his territory. Upon arriving, Batman realized that his place was lost to Two-Face and his gang. They used extreme violence to make the message clear: Batman lost to Two-Face.
- This is the second and last part of the Claim Jumping storyline. The previous chapter was in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #119. No Man's Land continues in Batman #566.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 87 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Shadow of the Bat series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.