Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Underground Railroad, Part Two": Mackenzie Bock was fighting Angel, as it was previously arranged. Bock was doing well because of the teachings of Alfonso DeVries and in the end he managed to beat Angel in the most ruthless way. After that, [[Oswald Cobblepot (New
Appearing in "Underground Railroad, Part Two"
- School Bus
Synopsis for "Underground Railroad, Part Two"
Mackenzie Bock was fighting Angel, as it was previously arranged. Bock was doing well because of the teachings of Alfonso DeVries and in the end he managed to beat Angel in the most ruthless way. After that, Penguin had to fulfill his part of the pact and he gave Bock the instructions for that night.
Later, Bock and Vanessa DeVries moved the children under their care to the bus that would take them to the way out of Gotham City. Robin arrived and provided protection to the bus while it went to the place. Soon, the bus was surrounded by street gangsters that were led by Angel. Robin took some of them out and gave Bock and the kids enough time to reach the underground train station that they were going to use to get out of Gotham.
When the train started moving, Angel and his men reached the railroad. Penguin's men radioed their boss and asked him for help. At first, Penguin wasn't going to help them, but after a change of heart caused by the image of the Joker, he decided to go out and help Bock and the children.
Bock, Vanessa and Alfonso tried to hold the line but they were outnumbered by Angel's people. Angel managed to get in the train and he and Bock started fighting again. Penguin arrived just in time to prevent all the thugs from getting into the train. Angel and Bock were fighting on the engine and Angel damaged the breaks of the train. Bock de-coupled the train from the engine and it crashed on the outside wall of Gotham. The U.S. Marshals noticed the train coming from out of it and went to check the situation. Bock explained them that the kids needed to be taken to a hospital and Angel tried to tell them that he was going to capture all of them for violating the curfew. The Marshals noticed the truth and they took the kids to a hospital and apprehended Angel and all of his men. Vanessa and her father bid farewell to Bock and he returned to Gotham along with Penguin and his henchmen. In the end, Bock was feeling more like a hero than he has ever felt before.
- This is the second and last part of the storyline labeled Underground Railroad. The previous chapter was Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #123. No Man's Land continues in Nightwing #38.
- As in the previous chapter, there is a special thanks to Stevan Plink; for the martial arts choreography.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 91 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Shadow of the Bat series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.