"Assembly Redux": At his hideout, Joker was watching the news and learned that there have been negotiations in Washington, D.C. about the reopening og Gotham City. Lucius Fox was interviewed by the press and told the media that there wasn'
Appearing in "Assembly Redux"
- Rupert (Only appearance; dies)
- Winston (Only appearance; dies)
- Washington, D.C. (On a TV or computer screen)
Synopsis for "Assembly Redux"
At his hideout, Joker was watching the news and learned that there have been negotiations in Washington, D.C. about the reopening og Gotham City. Lucius Fox was interviewed by the press and told the media that there wasn't a resolution yet.
Elsewhere, Catwoman delivered the discs she had stolen from Hardcases Inc., to Batman, who noticed that there was something wrong with Catwoman and asked her to take care of herself. Catwoman did her best to show him that she was doing fine, even when she wasn't.
Batman went to Oracle's Watchtower to give Oracle the discs and finally found out who was the people behind the scenes in Gotham. Oracle discovered that there have been at least 300 tons of construction material moved into Gotham. It was clear that someone was preparing to rebuild the city. Oracle and Batman both knew who was the person involved.
In Blue Boys territory, Pettit and his men marched to the court house and demanded to see Two-Face in order to execute him. Renee Montoya stood against them until Batman arrived and forced Pettit and his men out of Blue Boys territory. Huntress tagged along with Pettit and without saying a word, she left with Pettit's men.
Batman and Jim met at Jim's backyard. Batman brought Azrael and Batgirl with him. They told Jim the news about Gotham's reopening and that gave the man a bit of hope. They decided that it was time to deal with the Joker's threat and Batman told Azrael and Batgirl to evacuate the territory near Joker's place and to bring the people to blue boys territory.
Joker also decided that it was time to make his move and he was ready to move all his forces against Batman's territory.
Robin was keeping an eye on Bane and the mysterious woman and he informed Oracle when they moved. Oracle told Batman that Bane and the woman were on the move and that there were some helicopters approaching the city. Batman told her that he would track them and see what was they have planned.
The woman arrived at the landing site and found Penguin and his men ready to start working. The woman told Penguin to get out of the place, because his help wasn't needed. When Penguin and his people were out of the landing site, the helicopters descended and from one of them came Lex Luthor. The woman was named Mercy and she was working for Luthor. From the other helicopters came some reporters and started questioning Luthor. Luthor didn't payed them any attention and he told Mercy to get ready to rebuild Gotham. Batman was close, watching the scene in silence.
- The events of this issue take place after Azrael: Agent of the Bat #59. No Man's Land continues in Azrael: Agent of the Bat #60.
- This issue reveals that the man behind the reconstruction of Gotham is Lex Luthor. It also revealed Mercy Graves' name.
- Bane is seeing using the Venom tubes from his wrist to his mask. However, he wasn't using venom at the time. This is a mistake by the artist.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 93 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Shadow of the Bat series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.