"The Fool's Errand": Batman and Sasha Bordeaux head out for a typical night on the town, though Sasha notes that he still doesn't seem to have managed to get over dumping Vesper Fairchild. Across Gotham,
- Surrender...or suffer.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "The Fool's Errand"
- Batman (Flashback and main story)
- Gotham City Police Department
- Joe Chill (Cameo)(Flashback only)
- Thomas Wayne (Cameo)(Flashback only)
- Martha Wayne (Cameo)(Flashback only)
- Alfred Pennyworth (Flashback only)
- The Mad Hatter (In a photograph only)
- Scarecrow (In a photograph only)
Synopsis for "The Fool's Errand"
Batman and Sasha Bordeaux head out for a typical night on the town, though Sasha notes that he still doesn't seem to have managed to get over dumping Vesper Fairchild. Across Gotham, they help people who need them, thwarting robberies, muggings and mob activities, rescuing people from blazing buildings and re-caging a tiger at the Gotham Zoo. Still, Batman blames himself for each life they are not on hand to save.
When they get back to Wayne Manor, they are shocked to discover Vesper dead in the hallway. Bruce cradles her body, just as the police burst in to arrest him.
- This book was first published on January 2, 2002.
- This issue is a prelude to the Bruce Wayne: Murderer? storyline. The story continues in Detective Comics #766.
- Vesper Fairchild last appeared in Detective Comics #764.
- True to its title, this issue cost 10cents.
- Some of the inside artwork pays homage to iconic Batman stories. Among these are Batman: Year One, in the flashbacks to Bruce's early vigilante days in pages 2 and 3. The second homage is to Batman's first appearance in Detective Comics #27 as a recreation of that issue's cover art in page 4.
- This issue states that it has been 10 years since Bruce started his fight against crime as Batman.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: The 10-Cent Adventure Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Images from Batman: The 10-Cent Adventure Vol 1 1
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|Bruce Wayne: Fugitive Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the Bruce Wayne: Murderer? and Bruce Wayne: Fugitive story that went through every Batman Family title in 2002. Bruce Wayne was framed for the murder of his love interest Vesper Fairchild and forced to go on the run from the law so he could prove his innocence. This adventure almost completely compromised his identity from the inside.