"War Games, Prelude: No Help": Spoiler watches a gathering of crime bosses while Bruce Wayne attends a society gathering. Terrorists attack the gathering. As the crime bosses continue to gather, Batman distracts th
- I'm going to show Batman how wrong he was about me.
Appearing in "War Games, Prelude: No Help"
- Gotham Organized Crime
- Burnley Town Massive
- Able Crown (Dies)
- Escabedo Cartel
- Franco (bodyguard)
- Manuel Escabedo (Dies)
- Five Families
- Hill Gang
- Latino Unified Gang
- Otero (Dies)
- Lew Moxon (Dies)
- Hellhound (Dies)
- Lucky Hand Triad
- Odessa Mob
- The Penguin
- The Ventriloquist
- Akahara (Dies)
- Burnley Town Massive
- Kobra Terrorists
- Darla Aquista (Flashback only)
- Dr. Grall (Only appearance; dies)
- Flying Graysons (Flashback only)
- Jason Todd (Flashback only)
- Joker (Flashback only)
- Tim Drake (Flashback only)
- The Batmobile
Synopsis for "War Games, Prelude: No Help"
Spoiler watches a gathering of crime bosses while Bruce Wayne attends a society gathering. Terrorists attack the gathering. As the crime bosses continue to gather, Batman distracts the terrorists with a remote controlled Batmobile. Spoiler thinks about Batman, her past with him, the original Robin.
Batman continues to battle the terrorists as more crime lords gather. Spoiler wonder about the second Robin, about whom she knows little except something bad happened. The terrorists are defeated, Batman confronts the scientist for whom the event was held. He is a collaborator. His body dissolves away as he warns this is only the beginning.
Spoiler finally contemplates Tim Drake, her immediate predecessor as Robin, his anger at her learning his secret identity. Catwoman arrives and she's surprised Spoiler is being allowed to cover this situation and Spoiler admits she's been fired. Catwoman encourages Spoiler to call in Batman, just when the gang meeting erupts into gunfire.
Catwoman demands Spoiler call Batman as she flees. As Spoiler watches her go, she's grateful no one remains to witness her failure. She decides Batman was right to fire her, she could be of no help to him, while she burns a list.
- This book was first published on August 4, 2004.
- This marks the first issue of the "Batman: War Games" crossover. The story is continued in "Detective Comics #797."
- Bruce Wayne mentions that he was 8 when his parents were killed.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: The 12-Cent Adventure Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Images from Batman: The 12-Cent Adventure Vol 1 1
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|War Games Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Batman: War Games, a massive Batman Title crossover involving a massive conflict between the different factions of Gotham Organized Crime, culminating in the rise to power of Black Mask.
This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the War Games Crossover category.