- True, uppercuts and body slams are no substitute for having the proper tools when it comes to crime fighting. But they are a whole lot more fun.
Appearing in "Fall of the Blue Beetle!"
TEASER (flashback only)
- Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) (Dies) (flashback only)
- Jarvis Kord (flashback and main story)
- Doctor Polaris (First appearance)
- Squid Gang (First appearance) (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Fall of the Blue Beetle!"
Ted Kord loaned the scarab of his old master Dan Garrett to his uncle Jarvis Kord to unlock to powers of the scarab as he couldn't get it to work. Jarvis, on the other hand, used the item for world conquest.
Now 2 years ago Ted and Batman attempted to stop his uncle. And as both have a similar style both man discover they can learn a lot from each other. Jarvis used the alien technology of the scarab to create androids shipped into a rocket, that he used for his invasion on Hub City. To stop the invasion, Ted made the ultimate sacrifice by destroying the rocket's guidance system. The rocket exploded and the scarab landed in El Paso where it would fall in the hands of Jaime Reyes
Present, After a talk with Paco, Jaime starts to wonder if he is worthy as a super hero. And searches for batman that is currently engaging Doctor Polaris, Batman tells him he is nothing like the last Blue Beetle. Jaime asked for a scoop about him, but Batman bluntly tells him it is not the time for it. As Batman flies away in the batplane. Angry Jaime decides to do some research on his own.
The Scarab does a internet search that leads Jaime to Ted Kord's base of operation at Kord Enterprises in Hub City. There he discovers vehicle of the old Blue Beetle, the Bug. Inside it he discovers a flight log to Science Island and activates it in the hope to find Ted. The Scarab tells Jaime he is nuts, but the boy just waves it away. As Batman calls Jaime, he learns about Jaime's intention and flies after him.
On the island, Jaime believes Jarvis is in fact Ted Kord, a misunderstand Jarvis used in tricking the Blue Beetle in activating his androids. Jarvis tries to launch his invasion again, but he is knocked down and captured. Before the rockets can launch Jaime blows up the Island. As the story comes to a close, Jaime learns he was indeed chosen by the scarab but that alone does not make him a hero. His choice in doing the right thing does.
- No trivia.
- 2 Images from Batman: The Brave and the Bold: Fall of the Blue Beetle!
- Discuss Fall of the Blue Beetle! on the forums
- Episodes of Batman: The Brave and the Bold
- Images from Batman: The Brave and the Bold
- Gallery for the Batman: The Brave and the Bold series
Links and References