"Golden Dawn, Part One": Batman is searching for his childhood friend, Dawn Golden, who recently had gone missing.
- Dawn Golden. I haven't thought about her in years. I'd put her out of mind after she broke my heart in college. Now she's become an obsession. I find myself searching my memory for her... all the way to the dimly remembered days before my life was shattered forever. Before I became what I am.
Appearing in "Golden Dawn, Part One"
- Batman (Bruce Wayne) (Flashback and main story)
- Alfred Pennyworth (Flashback and main story)
- Commissioner Gordon
- Dawn Golden (First appearance) (Flashback only)
- Harvey Bullock
- Forbes, Macy
- Lars Beck (Only appearance; dies)
- Thomas Wayne (Flashback only)
- Lieutenant Forbes (First appearance)
- Mira (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Golden Dawn, Part One"
Batman is searching for his childhood friend, Dawn Golden, who recently had gone missing.
During their childhood, Bruce thought Dawn was cold and aloof. However, as time passed, the two became very close friends.
In the present, Commissioner Gordon is coordinating the search for Dawn at the police station.
Killer Croc has just beaten up a man in another part of the city. Batman tracks him down, having figured out that Croc has taken Venom. Batman believes that Croc is involved in Dawn's sudden disappearance. The two begin two fight, and Croc gains the upper hand. Batman throws a large shard of glass over Croc, defeating him. As Batman interrogates him, Croc confesses that he gave Dawn to a man named Lars Beck. Batman then hands Croc over to the police and asks Gordon for information about Beck. Gordon tells Batman that Beck has taken on several aliases, such as Lars Becker or Larry Booker. Beck has been working in a new club called the Boom Room. Batman then leaves as several reporters surround Gordon.
At the Narrows, a few hobos find a dismembered corpse.
At the Batcave, Bruce investigates Dawn's disappearance. He goes to investigate the Boom Room to see any links between Beck and Dawn. At the Boom Room, Batman finds a necklace similar to the one worn by Dawn. Outside, the Batmobile is hacked by an unidentified person. Suddenly, Batman is attacked by the Penguin and his thugs.
- This book was first published on December 29, 2010.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: The Dark Knight Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: The Dark Knight series
- Images from Batman: The Dark Knight Vol 1 1
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes